All grain Pictorial and Video Tutorials.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Orfy,

The Link to the Easy Partial Mash by Deathbrewer actually points to the Salty Dawg Pub webpage, not a brewing tutorial....

The link to the "Decoction Mashing Video - Kaiser" is to an edit link so it doesn't work for me.

Thanks for compiling all these in one area.

Orfy,
I'm using the same incalloy heater in a 150L stainless tank (your using a stainless cask?). I made a 58 mm hole and filed the rest, found a giant nut and stuck some gasket sealant round, it all works fine. I had to fiddle with the thermostat to override it up to 100degrees.

Do you think you can bend those elements safely? Its height equals 50Litres in my boiler and thats a pain as a minimum capacity. Have you bent yours without problems?

I bent mine just a little. I should bisect one to see what is in there.

I must admit it would be better horizontal rather than vertical.
I use to have a vertical arrangement in a plastic pail but I set it on fire!!!!!!

Here's a recent video of our brew day Sat. It's not really a tutorial, though. More like a quick documentary about my system and how I use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/user/BobbyFromNJ?blend=2&ob=1#p/a/D200CB7DB970CD61/0/7jfrBUDpsmg[/ame]
and
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/user/BobbyFromNJ?blend=2&ob=1#p/a/D200CB7DB970CD61/1/iGVvqmP0oTM[/ame]
certainly helped me at least.

Fat guy (ME!) makes all-grain in his apartment:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I transfered this yesterday because I wanted the yeast to pitch into a new batch2.
ha2.jpg

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to doing my first all grain and this is really helping me prep for it.

I have a question. Preparing to go all grain and my question is, I have 11.5 lbs of grain. Should my Strike water be 18 qts based on 1.25 qts per pound? My Sparge water should be 14 qts. Am I on the right track? I have a 5 gallon cooler Mash Tun.

Thanks,

Mark

That's going to be a tight fit, if it even fits. 18 quarts is 4.5 gallons. Where's the grain going to fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Nihao from China everyone. Hope everyone is safe out there. I made an all grain batch video while I was in stuck at home. I'm hoping to get some good feedback about my process. One forum user balrog already gave me a good tip about adding aromatics much later into the boil. If you have any other tips please let me know.

Thanks

Back