Inline oxygen system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya that pic didn't come through.

Camlocks from bargainfittings and the stone from Williams Brewing.
2013-01-05_19-36-35_329.jpg

Any other pics? Looks like a great idea! Stone mounted inside the T?

Kinda hard to see, but without that female end on there, I was able to crank it down just enough that the stone is touching the other side, but screwed in enough that it shouldn't leak.

2013-01-05_19-53-33_386.jpg

Sorry, don't quite follow. It's a 1/2" Tee with came locks on both ends so it connects inline with my current system. The stone is kind of wide such that I worry a little bit about flow, but there's enough room going past it that it should be just fine. Looks like a 3/8" barb so I'll use 5/16" bev tubing and put air tool quick connects on such that I can just wrap it up with the Tee on the end and connect it all to the tank as needed.

mpcluever said:
Sorry, don't quite follow. It's a 1/2" Tee with came locks on both ends so it connects inline with my current system. The stone is kind of wide such that I worry a little bit about flow, but there's enough room going past it that it should be just fine. Looks like a 3/8" barb so I'll use 5/16" bev tubing and put air tool quick connects on such that I can just wrap it up with the Tee on the end and connect it all to the tank as needed.

How does the stone connect to the barb inside the T? Or does the stone connect directly into the barb on the inside of the fitting?

Nice work. Let me ask you. when your chilling and running your wort through the plate chiller do you only make one pass? Do you open up your oxygen valve all the way when passing wort through..

Really cool set-up. It's very clean and everything is nice and compact but still mobile. Well done. :mug:

Nice work. Let me ask you. when your chilling and running your wort through the plate chiller do you only make one pass? Do you open up your oxygen valve all the way when passing wort through..

Well, I haven't actually used this yet, but I've been doing oxygen for a while now.

When chilling, I usually recirc to bring the whole batch down right away to 120 or so then send it to the fermenter through the chiller to bring it down to 60ish. As far as oxygen, I plan to get a flow meter so I can actually set a flow of ~1 L/min. Currently I've been setting it such that I can start to see bubbles coming up for 1 minute/5 gallons.

Back