• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB inline oxygen stone (1/2" MPT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomRep

Reaction score
I'm looking for an O2 stone like this for my build. Morebeer is out of them and I can't seem to find them anywhere. I have this gut feeling that this stone is going to be the last hold up to get my rig completed. I was wondering if anyone had one that they don't use. Please let me know if you can help!
Tom

Other stones have a 1/4"ffl connection. Could you use one with a flare to pipe thread adapter?

I haven't seen any other stones with any kind of threads on them. Any link to see the ones your referring to?
tom

Yeah, thats the problem. I have (or will have on Wednesday) all the fittings to make a DIY unit. I'm using a temperature probe for my panel instead of the dial thermometer. I may be able to make the first one work, but will have to see what I can do.
Tom

Here is what I did, probably copied from someone else.

Take a 1/2" MPT to hose barb, epoxy diffusion stone on the inside. I used JB Weld, from what I have read it is safe to use in brewing. Seems like I had to smooth the barbs off the diffusion stone to get it to fit inside the hose barb. Works great! And cheap.

I was able to set the stone so that it is right inline with the center of a 1/2" Tee.

I've also seen other guys use a long diffusion stone like this,

http://www.williamsbrewing.com/22-AERATION-WAND-P490C106.aspx

You could cut it to length and use a 1/2" MPT to 3/8" compression fitting. Assuming 3/8" is the OD of the tube. That would be a more expensive way.

Tom,
I used a standard stainless diffusion stone with a piece of tubing around it and then used a compression fitting. I also used a clear plastic 1/2 section of pipe so I could see the flow and the o2. Looks pretty cool.

You can use a air pump with a micro stone to they sell the whole kit on northern brewer for like 30$ I think

Tom,
I used a standard stainless diffusion stone with a piece of tubing around it and then used a compression fitting. I also used a clear plastic 1/2 section of pipe so I could see the flow and the o2. Looks pretty cool.

If the OP or anyone else is interested in doing something like milldoggy, I have one barbed stone available. I've been trying to sell it locally but I don't think anyone understands what it's used for. I'll let it go for $6 plus postage. It works fine, I just got one of the wand type stones so that's the only reason I'm selling this one.

diff_stone-500x500.jpg

If the OP or anyone else is interested in doing something like milldoggy, I have one barbed stone available. I've been trying to sell it locally but I don't think anyone understands what it's used for. I'll let it go for $6 plus postage. It works fine, I just got one of the wand type stones so that's the only reason I'm selling this one.

View attachment 41747

Just an update in case anyone stumbles across this thread, the barbed stone I mentioned above is no longer available.

Back