The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Schilling's a Drumphian cretin.
He should go for a more vulnerable spot, just below his head. That would be good.

Sad Sox, missed the game today but by all accounts I'm way happier being distracted by this wedding thing...

Cheers! ("Wait'll Next Year!" :()

What did you guys think would happen? Price would become clutch in Boston? Ha! They can win three straight though...

Hey have any of you Nancys ever brewed a non-alcoholic beer? My daughter (the most recent winner of The Most Coveted Prize in Home Brewing) manages a group home for developmentally delayed adults. Most of these folks have pretty significant physical and cognitive impairment but not all. One of the guys is relatively high functioning, has a job at the local Goodwill, can read and write at a low level, etc. (Think of Hoppy but with a better personality.)

Anyways, this guy like beer. They are all about inclusion in the community with these folks so every once in a while Sheila will take him to a local pub and they'll have a pizza and a beer. He only gets one and only on special occasions. So she is telling him about Masstoberfest and he gets all excited and wants to make his own batch of beer. I'm perfectly willing to do it with them but haven't ever brewed a non-alcohol brew before. I understand that you bere a regular beer then heat it to the point where the ethanol evaporates, the add new yeast and bottle.

Anyone ever do it? Advice? Recipes? Crude comments?

Hey have any of you Nancys ever brewed a non-alcoholic beer? My daughter (the most recent winner of The Most Coveted Prize in Home Brewing) manages a group home for developmentally delayed adults. Most of these folks have pretty significant physical and cognitive impairment but not all. One of the guys is relatively high functioning, has a job at the local Goodwill, can read and write at a low level, etc. (Think of Hoppy but with a better personality.)

Anyways, this guy like beer. They are all about inclusion in the community with these folks so every once in a while Sheila will take him to a local pub and they'll have a pizza and a beer. He only gets one and only on special occasions. So she is telling him about Masstoberfest and he gets all excited and wants to make his own batch of beer. I'm perfectly willing to do it with them but haven't ever brewed a non-alcohol brew before. I understand that you bere a regular beer then heat it to the point where the ethanol evaporates, the add new yeast and bottle.

Anyone ever do it? Advice? Recipes? Crude comments?

Never done it because it would be stupid

Never done it... Cause there's ODules in the store. But if you heat off the ETOH, then bottle prime you will have some small alcohol content, of course. I suppose doing an extract brew without enhancement would result in low gravity wort and around 3% ABV. I just made a batch for in laws visiting that like Bud light... Yeah, but turns out the beer drinker did like my other home brews. No accounting for taste, right? LOL

atomic-mushroom-cloud-explosion-2-2.gif

Latest posts

Back