Kegerator Build Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egaberik

Reaction score
I have finally saved up enough money to do the kegerator project I want to do. I have been looking at the threads for converting the Frigidaire FRC445GB. I went to Lowe's to pick it up and it looks like Frigidaire has gone to a different 4.4 cubic ft. model(BFPH44M4LM). It looks the same but I am not sure on whether the inners are the same.

I know there are tons of builds on here but I want to hear from you guys on what you recommend. I am open on what refrigerator I need, just looking for ideas. I have no problem with the build but if there is any electrical work that needs to be done it needs to be easy because I have 0 experience.
:mug:

I personally have no experience with either of them but perhaps if you don't find anything here you could search the forums over at Micro Matic. Kegerators and beer dispensing is what they do. Good luck and be sure to post pics of your build here in the DIY section.

Thanks for the link! I haven't been to that forum so I will be checking them out. Anyone else have any build recommendations.

Probably too late to be worth anything, but I just signed up to comment. I found this thread searching, so I'm sure others will, too.

I just picked up this fridge. It appears to be identical to the model you listed that others have used. The freezer is easily removed, just like the previous model. The door is notched in a way where two kegs will fit without cutting anything. The dimensions work perfectly, except the light has to be relocated (as per previous model).

The drain plug in the rear is great if you're only working with 1 keg. You should be able to put a barbed fitting through it, to avoid any drilling. Then, the drain pan provides minor heat protection =)

I'm building a bar section for the fridge now, I should have more details later. No drilling as of yet, but I shot Frigidaire an email to confirm you can drill in the same sections as the previous model.

Back