Obama - Prof. Gates - SGT. Crowley

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is official, according to NY Times, professor Gates went with Red Stripe

Since when does someone have to choose a beer based on what political statement they want to make? They should just drink whatever beer they really like and leave it at that. The media has made WAY too much of this beer choice thing.
Obama is a tool, but he has the right to drink/like whatever beer he wants... even if it is crap.

P.S. Gates just chose Red Stripe cuz he wants to say "HOOORAY BEER!"

Gates just chose Red Stripe cuz its black beer made for whites vs colt 45 or Olde English witch is white beer made for blacks, that my friend is a power move.
nicely done sir. DAMN THE MAN.

I do slightly agree, but at the same time, why are people more focused at what beer our president drinking when we have bigger problems on hand?

The bigger problems are supposed to be solved by the weenie drinking the beer EVERYONE is talking about. That's why.:D

Gates just chose Red Stripe cuz its black beer made for whites vs colt 45 or Olde English witch is white beer made for blacks, that my friend is a power move.
nicely done sir. DAMN THE MAN.

The Police officer should of asked Gates for his pants. That way he wouldn't have to ask for his ID.

I agree that a true American brew is what is needed. Obviously the only choice is Stone's Arrogant Bastard. At least two bottles.........

On a bit of a tangent, why can't political figures say to relax and have a home brew? Because none of them home brew? or what?

Yes and Obama's choice is a Belgian owned brewery that is brewed in the US. I hardly think that is as American as it gets.

Maybe Barack should have chosen a beer "designed in America" and brewed in China.:mad:

red stripe? no.
from the nyt:
Finally! | 6:38 p.m.
With the pool report, we finally have the answer to the most pressing question of the day: What are they drinking? Well, for those who believed Bud Lite would be the drink of choice for Mr. Obama, they are in luck, as are those who thought Sgt. Crowley would stay with Blue Moon. Mr. Gates drank Sam Adams Light (a Massachusetts-based brew), and Mr. Biden chose a Buckler, a non-alcohol beer.

The cop shoulda order this from Oskar Blues.

ten_fidy.jpg

Ten FIDY Imperial Stout - Now (11-21-07) available in cans, our winter seasonal beer is immensely viscous and loaded with neck-deep flavors of chocolate, malt, coffee, cocoa and oats.

It's the beer equivalent of decadently rich milkshake made with malted-milk balls and Heaven’s best chocolate ice cream. Ten FIDY is about 10% ABV and is made with enormous amounts of two-row malts, chocolate malts, roasted barley, flaked oats and hops. Its huge-but-comforting flavors hide a whopping 98 IBUs that are deftly tucked underneath the beer’s mountains of malty goodness.

Ten FIDY is the ultimate Rocky Mountain winter warmer, and further proof of the creative muscle of our beloved brewing staff. Look for fourpacks of Ten FIDY in select beer stores in Colorado. Out of state? We hope to send a few cases to a few of our other states in early '08.

You can't blame the other two schmucks... I'd go even if the beer was macro light just to see the White House and say I did it.

Obama on the other hand just wants the publicity he is getting from this and boy is he getting it.

Bloomberg report answered the question a lot of us have,
"Will SGT. Crowley have an orange in his beer?"
According to the video/ photo, there is something citrus like floating in his beer.

Also Joe managed to sneak in as well for the party (ATA BOY)
His choice of beer, and yes I am not afraid to use the term "Beer" here, was nonalcoholic Buckler.

hehe I wasnt exactly surprised that Gates chose Sam Adams... He's a harvard guy and come on now what the hell else do you think the bars near campus are stuffed with? SA!

Ant truth be told... a SA Light isnt half bad.

Yikes. At least it's not a Shocktop.

I had some bartender try to put an orange slice in my Wit, and when I refused, told me that's how they drink it in Germany.

Ughh...............

Joe drank Buckler? I hope he brought his purse to the party! Though I can see Barry not trusting him with the sauce, he can't stop himself from making idiotic comments when he is sober, give him a beer and holy ****!

According to Metro TXTpoll
22% of people would have chosen Red Stripe
14% Beck's
30% BL
34% Blue moon

If you had to chose one of these, which one would it be (I rather die from thirst is not a valid choice!)

14% Beck's
30% BL
34% Blue moon

If you had to chose one of these, which one would it be (I rather die from thirst is not a valid choice!)

Blue Moon. It's pretty good.

14% Beck's
30% BL
34% Blue moon

Und Becks!
UndBecks.jpg

Back