So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im on to batch 2 but havent got the foggiest idea what to brew. I figured I'd shout out and take suggestions. I've got about 15 pounds of 2-row, 1/2 #roasted barley,4#60L,3#80L and about a 1/2# of peat. I onlw have about a 1/2# of challenger hops and some misc. yeast.

Any ideas?

Transferring smashing pumpkin ale to secondary so I can use the yeast for NB's Three Hearted... err Dead ringer ale!

...Not me anymore!
Delivery of grains was supposed to be today and it didnt arrive, means ill have to wait a whole week more, and I just know they are sitting in a warehouse somewhere 5 inchs away from a 140 degree halogen lamp...

¤vents¤

Made 10 gallons of Centennial Blonde last week, I am going to keg that today and brew up 10 gallons of my favorite house stout to get those lazy yeast eating again.

Since I got my kegerator, I need session beers for when people come over.

Stepping out of extract only and into the mash world with my first APA! :rockin:

EDIT: as soon as gf's parents leave...grr

Working on my 3rd batch of the weekend right now...a Citrus Amber Ale.

What's the record for most brew sessions in one weekend? :rockin:

Just finished cleaning up and posting recipe for your review of a american brown ale-moose drool clone. Please give me some feedback:p

I'm brewing up another batch of blood orange hefe tomorrow. Hoping for another beautiful Kentucky day!

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Mash has been going for 30 minutes on AHS ordinary bitter, heating sparge water now.
Beautiful day for brewing, mid 50's.:D

Mashing the 4th iteration of my Simcoe IPA recipe. This one has a 20-minute addition of Centennial and will be aged on Spanish Cedar. Yum! Hot and humid night though, hopefully there won't be too many insects flying into my wort ;)

I'll be brewing an IPA tomorrow, based on Denny Conn's RyePA, but with Sterling and Citra.

I think I'll start a batch of skeeter pee tomorrow as well.

Wife and I brewed a roggenbier, a smoked roggenbier, clean and sanitized 14 kegs (her) and graded some BJCP exams (me).

Beautiful day for brewing!!1

ForumRunner_20110403_113000.jpg

Yesterday I brewed something similar to Ed Worts Bee Cave Robust Porter, but I didn't get enough runnings while also getting a slightly higher eff, so my OG was like 1.08!

As I was walking back to dump the delicious dark grains from the mash tun, I stopped and thought, why not throw some extra 2 row in here, and brew up another smaller batch, while I have everything out.

So we just flew by the seat of our pants and threw 7 more lbs of base, mashed it in for a bit and then 1oz nugget in the FWH, with 2oz total of a cascade and willamette mix added periodically thru the last 20 min.

Should be a good brew. Came out to 1.052. The sample had an incredible color and tasted great.

However...the imperial? porter I made is INSANELY delicious, with a silky robust mouthfeel, great choc coffee flavor and is black as night!

Overall a successful brewday! Gotta love this weather! I tempted to brew again!

due to some procrastination earlier this week, i finally got around to bottling my red ale, of which i finished that up about 20 minutes ago. :eek:
to make up for the procrastination, i just started to get ready to brew some more maibock. about ready to put in the grains pretty soon. :mug:

Brewed an ordinary bitter yesterday, and it's churning like crazy! This is only the second time i've used a better bottle for primary, and i'm loving being able to see whats going on in there, almost looks like it's sitting on a stir plate.:rockin:

I did a 5 gallon Kolsch today. Pitched the starter at about 3pm tonight and 6 hours later there is already good airlock activity. I'm brewing for a going away party at the end of May. I was asked to brew a "amber ale" as well but haven't come up with a recipe for that yet.

Put my new brew kettle through it's paces, and did my first 12 gallon batch! Did Tasty McDole's APA. Went really smoothly, and other than a little extra time to heat up water it wasn't any more work.

I did however discover that 26 pounds of grain and 8 gallons of water are the absolute maximum my 48qt. mash tun can handle, lol. It was bursting at the brim!

I did my first ever Pilsener on Friday.

It was pure Pilsener malt hopped to 23.5IBU with Saaz and on to that I pitched a fairly large starter, almost a litre of pure sludge of Budwar yeast WLP802 which I grew from three vials. It's possibly overpitched, in fact more than likely, but I want this to work.

Water treatment was not as hard as I had envisioned it.

Knocked out my first AG on a california common from Northern Brewer. Het the mash temp dead on. Only lost 2 degrees over the hour. Skipped the mash out went straight to a batch sparge( needs refinement, I disturbed the grain bed a bit) used my boil keg for the first time. Never finished the ball valve install so I transferred out with an auto siphon hit my target gravity of 1.047 yeast was active in less than 3 hours start to finish 5 hours and I did the first half of the gig up stairs... Very happy I did not have any issues....

image-76748732.jpg

image-3674183188.jpg

Stupid 40 mph winds kept from brewing this weekend. If the winds hadn't been out of the south, I prolly could have got it done in the garage. I'm excited to brew a partial mash Oatmeal Stout.

Next weekend looks good.

I need to get my pipline up to speed with consumption so I'm trying to do 3 (lemon wheat, amber ale, Roggenbier) this week and 3 (Imperial black Rye IPA, Coconut Porter, ESB) next week. I used to make 6- 5 gallon batches a year when I bottled. I just started kegging around chistmas and I've already made 6 batches this year with 6 more in the next couple of weeks. :D

I want to brew a chocolate stout but if I do I'll have to "bump" my Rye PA out of the temp controlled fermentation chest freezer after just two weeks and deal with it another way, which probably means cramming it into my beer fridge. So, I'll probably brew a chocolate stout this weekend!

Back