How many taps do you have on your draft system?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many taps do you have on your draft system?

• 1-2

• 6+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
just curious how much variety everyone has. i'd like to go fo 6 spots on a keezer that i'm planning to build (upright as opposed to chest), but i'm having a hard time finding a reasonably priced freezer that can hold 6 kegs. i'll plumb my gas from the outside.

My shiny new, well repurposed, kegerator has two ventmatic faucets. Waiting for my first keg to carbonate as we speak.

I plan to post some pictures after my hand-made aluminum tap handles arrive. It is funny, but I am as inclined to show off pictures of my kegerator as I think I would be to show off pictures of a baby.

And isn't funny that most people think that both their babies and their kegerators are the most beautiful thing that they have ever seen.

4 taps on my chest freezer set up.
6 kegs, but only 3 taps running now, still trying to build up my supply stock.

Good news is that my 3 carboys are fulll. I had two kegs blow on Thanksgiving, so that set me back a little.

Just a good ol' two'er. I'm trying to decide if I really need a third one... hell there's room for it.
3764-DSC00278.JPG

I have two but most likely have 5 on full size fridge. One of the taps will be a beer engine though and the keg will be kept outside and the line will run from outside to the inside and back out to chill down the beer slightly.

I've got two but plan on getting a chest freezer at "some point". I change out my beers so seldomly (aside from kicking a keg!) that it's not a hassle to do it.

Five, kinda. Two on my Sanyo Kegerator and 3 picnic taps in an old upright freezer. 8 cornies.

Will leave the old freezer behind when we move, and hope to do a 6-tap chest freezer conversion sometime in 2008. So then I'll have two taps upstairs, and 6 in the basement.

And I'll need more cornies ;)

I plan to build mine out of the current main fridge in my house. That means I need to get all new appliances... But from what I've read I should be able to put 6 corny kegs in it. So that leaves me between 4 to 6 taps, I was thinking 4 taps, and 2 extra kegs ready to swap.. I drink daily, and I have a couple of friends who will enjoy a beer or three when they swing by (not too often). But I want to brew variety, and sort of make sure I always have stuff going.. My post is all theory right now..

I've got two. I don't have the space or capacity to really support much more than that, especially since I'm pretty much the only one who drinks beer around here.

Four. Soon to be 5.

Just saw the tread title request...
I was going to get cheeky and name it:
A Total Moron Asks: How many taps do you have on your draft system?
:D

I am just glad I get to vote at all. I feel like I am in the Senate or something. Kegging is awesome! 1 picnic tap here. Someday I'll have a big rack of man sized taps...

only 1 unfortunatley. still, a chrome draft tower conversion kit of my old dorm fridge and fresh HB on tap is not exactly roughing it I guess...

I got two, but room for 4 cornies if I take out the top shelves...Which I will probably do after Christmas. I asked Santa for a corny or two..My Alfelwein will be done around new years and I want to keg that....And maybe once in a while make a keg of homemade rootbeer for the wife and kids, they like it..

Just 2 for me. A 5.5cf chest freezer, fits 3 cornys and even the 5# Co2 tank on the shelf inside. I'd like to have a bigger setup for variety but I can't go through beer that fast. So 2 plus the cobra tap inside for the kid's rootbeer just fine I guess.

2 picnic taps for now. I'm on the lookout for a large (20 cf) upright freezer to convert though. If I don't find one before spring, I may end up buying one. I was sorely tempted to buy one at Lowes this morning, but forced myself to walk away.

my wife got me a kegerator without consulting me. it was a surprise, and it's only got one tap.

i'm pretty stoked though. we kegged up our first batch a few days ago, after three years of bottling, and my bro and i were just smiling, it was so simple and quick.

after the new year, i'll look into getting two taps on the tower, but can only fit two cornies in there.

Although my kegerator holds 6 kegs, I have 4 taps - including a dedicated N2 dispensed Stout Faucet + 3 Vent-Matics. It's nice to have conditioned back-up kegs ready when one goes empty.

Buford said:
I've got two. I don't have the space or capacity to really support much more than that, especially since I'm pretty much the only one who drinks beer around here.

Yeah, but I've seen how much you actually drink! :D

Two tap Sanyo for me as well, I plan on a keezer if I ever move to a house with a basement. I 'bottle' condition my kegs at room temp until they're ready to go in the kegerator and I'm finally building up my stock.

3 on my kegerator, the fridge only fits 3 kegs. I have a chest freezer that holds 6 that I use for conditioning and I pour samples with a cobrahead. I have another chest freezer that holds 12, but it also holds 6 fermentors so I used it for production instead.

This poll should have been not "how many did you install" but "how many SHOULD you have installed".

I have 4 but should have done 6. My freezer's big enough to hold 7 kegs, so I have 4 on tap, 2 on picnic taps, and one lagering. 6 would have been a problem as I don't have the width on my wall to do it nicely.

Beer7.jpg

Beer3.jpg

Kal

kal said:
This poll should have been not "how many did you install" but "how many SHOULD you have installed".

I have 4 but should have done 6. My freezer's big enough to hold 7 kegs, so I have 4 on tap, 2 on picnic taps, and one lagering. 6 would have been a problem as I don't have the width on my wall to do it nicely.

Beer7.jpg

Beer3.jpg

Kal

Nice setup. How far does the beer travel outside the fridge?

Brewing Clamper said:
Nice setup. How far does the beer travel outside the fridge?

About 4 feet. The setup's been changed to no longer go through the lid of the freezer as I'm cooling that 4' of beer line with copper piping circulating coolant fluid with a pond pump (copper piping doesn't really bend so it now all comes through the side of the freezer). I added cooling as even with the 3/16" narrow line and only 4 feet, I was getting a lot of foam.

ShankCooler2.jpg

In the summer when it's more humid, the taps are cold enough to actually drip. (Drool) :)

Beer_tap_condensation.jpg

Kal

Back