My Homebrewpub (WIP)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eventually! I have 3 on tap now with 7 more in the pipeline. 1 tap will mostly be used for soda for the kids.

I finally got around to getting another DY video up about this:

[youtube]Xd5l1jDiYkE[/youtube]

There's room in the cooling chamber for the 14.5g conical...

pub3picturesforwebsites-9-23-2010002.jpg

How are you able to get that in and out? Are you able to slide out the dorm fridge from the cooling chamber and enter sideways?

How are you able to get that in and out? Are you able to slide out the dorm fridge from the cooling chamber and enter sideways?

I just use a racking cane to manually siphon it out, then I can lift the conical out and get it cleaned.

I'm sorry that your walls are covered with Lions stuff, but you still have a freaking awesome pub!!

Thanks you, sir. I've been holding off on putting 'completed' pics up since I'm still working on the finish trim and a few other details before I feel comfortable calling it 'done'. I'm sure that eventually it will be 'done enough', but it's not there just yet.

I have a 5 part (so far) DIY series on my youtube channel with some information about how I did the countertops and the cooling chamber. I might expand on that a bit, but who knows.

I'm using the space and am very hapy with the results, for sure.

I still have a few things to wrap up (redoing the stairs, some finish electric, and hanging all of my stuff on the walls), but I had everything all cleaned for a party this past weekend so I took some footage, then tied it in with some stills from the build process:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish we had basements in Florida!

Awesome work. I'm hoping someday to do an outside bar at my place but it won't be anything near this epic!

IT HAS FINALLY COME TO FRUITION! Dude that is absolutely stellar!

<--------- Extra jealous

Very NICE :rockin: I love the "pub" entrance. The unfinished ceiling, concrete counter, and stained floor are 3 things I wanted in mine and it just didn't work out on all 3 counts so it's great to see how it worked out for you! Congrats! :mug:

Very nice man!!!
I see only one problem. My family would never see me again if I had that in my house.

Wow, I thought I had a pretty nice mancave until I saw this. I will have a whole new perspective next time I build/buy a house when considering possible mancave space.

Give a man a beer, and he wastes an hour, but teach a man how to brew, and he builds a brewpub. GO LIONS

Breathtaking! I have seriously considered doing something like this myself, but you raised the "bar" pretty high. Nothing I do will seem good enough now.

:mug:

First off I have to say you have done a fantastic job everything looks amazing. I am sorry if you have already answered this question I scanned through the tread quickly and didnt find it. Do you know how much energy you are using on the dorm freezer? Also do you thing you run a risk of killing it prematurely trying to cool that large of an area? Have you installed any fans to circulate the air to reach a more consistent temperature through out the chamber? Have you checked the temp close to the fridge and then on the opposite side? I was thinking this could be great to keep different beers at different temps. I understand if all of the seals are good the chamber should equalize and all be the same temp. Just wondering if you have seen any difference. Thanks!

No cover :), just bring me some decent beer when you show up, or leave some cashola in the 'donation' jar to help fund future brews.

As for SWMBO, she's all for it. She can't wait until it's done and we can start having parties down there! To her, building this house was about the 1st and 2nd floor and the lot with a water view. To me it was all about the basement. :rockin:

awesome project :rockin:

sounds like my wife. She doesn't care what I do in the garage (detached), she never ventures in there. As long as I don't drain the bank doing it, she is ok with it.

Once I renovate the 2nd floor, I have a feeling she will be more understanding when I start fixing up the garage.

First off I have to say you have done a fantastic job everything looks amazing. I am sorry if you have already answered this question I scanned through the tread quickly and didnt find it. Do you know how much energy you are using on the dorm freezer? Also do you thing you run a risk of killing it prematurely trying to cool that large of an area? Have you installed any fans to circulate the air to reach a more consistent temperature through out the chamber? Have you checked the temp close to the fridge and then on the opposite side? I was thinking this could be great to keep different beers at different temps. I understand if all of the seals are good the chamber should equalize and all be the same temp. Just wondering if you have seen any difference. Thanks!

I don't know how much electricity I'm using for the freezer, but we haven't noticed a bump in out utility bill, so it appears to be nominal.

I do not have any fans in the cooling chamber. I had expected that I would need to install some, but once I set the Ranco and saw the results, that was good enough for me. I over insulated the cooling chamber, then wrapped it in frp and caulked the heck out of every joint. I have no cooling loss that I can speak of, and the temp in front of the varies by *at most* 2F from right in front of the freezer to the other side of the chamber farthest away from the freezer.

I believe that the key to a project like this is proper insulation. Once you have done that, you are able too eliminate many other factors.

First and foremost, even more important than the build and the beer... Lion Pride!

Now, about the bar... Good Lord man, this is stunning.

If you don't mind me asking, what do I need to do for a living to afford this, and what was your estimated cost? Haha. I am so freakin' jealous, and someday, this is a must-have.

Much props my friend!

Just watched the youtube vid. Good golly miss molly!!! That is one bad a$$ man cave,son! Top of the props!! I have a 2,000sqft house/full basement...but that's huge! I have the pipes in the floor for a bathroom/small shower stall. But we had a flood around here,I was the only one that didn't have water up to the windows! Just about 10" or so. Dang neighborhood looked like the Florida keys. We all had some fun with it,though,& the whole development got in on the laughs. It was so unreal for our neck of the woods.ya just had to goof on it.
I want to finish doing something like that on a smaller scale when I finish cleaning,& redoing everything. That's beautiful,man!

I have to compliment you on the extra work/detail for the beer tap system and brewing. not trying to hate on anyone else work but one of the other builds on here is more just someone showing off there man cave (which is cool dont get me wrong) and not so much there brewery as they labled it. it was a great build and im super jelous but no attention was paid to making it a beer haven really other than a bar. Your tap system is pretty bad ass. also the beers through out pay a nice homage to beer/brewing.

I saw the brew set up in the pics but I just watched the video- didn't see a finished room with the brew set up though. was it in another room that wasn't finished?

I have to compliment you on the extra work/detail for the beer tap system and brewing. not trying to hate on anyone else work but one of the other builds on here is more just someone showing off there man cave (which is cool dont get me wrong) and not so much there brewery as they labled it. it was a great build and im super jelous but no attention was paid to making it a beer haven really other than a bar. Your tap system is pretty bad ass. also the beers through out pay a nice homage to beer/brewing.

I saw the brew set up in the pics but I just watched the video- didn't see a finished room with the brew set up though. was it in another room that wasn't finished?

Thanks for the compliments, all.

There are some still pics of the 'beer room' in the beginning portion of the video (room with the laundry sink in the corner and FRP up on the walls), but I forgot to take video of it. I don't brew down there, but I did run 10g wire just in case I ever get around to building an electric rig.

Back