Sparks, Nevada Homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattsFlyShop

Reaction score
What's up Northern Nevada?
What's in your Fermenter?
Brown Ale here, Belgian Wit on Sunday...

well, many lessons to be learned, the biggest of all; patience.
1st batch went south in a baaaaaaad way, tastes like burning bandages... wild yeasts...
2nd batch is OK, but i can't drink it; Note to Self... don't clarify a WIT and start the Yeast next time to prevent off flavors
3rd was an APA/IPA... good brew, i only have 4 bottles left, but there's room for improvement... boil longer, add more Malt. Got it.
4th was a Porter, again a Yeast Starter was needed as there are some off flavors there...
So I'm 1 for 4 at this point and taking notes like a rookie cop...
'Ive got this next one' I thought to myself, a new batch of APA/IPA... everything is ready, the Yeast looks Great, Carboy is sanitized, let's BREW!!!
5th batch... well, i thought this one was IT! all the right stuff in all the right places, look out World, this will be the best beer ever! HA! i was welcomed back to Earth the instant I realized that I put all of my hops in for the 90 Min. boil... yes, 4 Oz!! well Shooot. now what!? I say to my dumbfounded self....
I guess my latest brew lesson is READ the INSTRUCTIONS...AGAIN.

Back