Ez cap bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FoundersBrew

Reaction score
I had a guy give me about twenty of the 33oz Ez cap bottles; have any of you guys used these? If so what did you think?

i thought they were really nice not having to cap the bottles, but felt like some of them didn't seal very well after they had carbonated. Could have been the gaskets though...

ez-cap bottle rock! I have 50 or so of them and would love to replace all of my bottles with ez-cap bottles. They cut my bottling time by quite a bit. If you are having carb issues you have a seal issue. Buy a new bag of rubber seals. Seals are cheap.

ez-cap bottle rock! I have 50 or so of them and would love to replace all of my bottles with ez-cap bottles. They cut my bottling time by quite a bit. If you are having carb issues you have a seal issue. Buy a new bag of rubber seals. Seals are cheap.

Yeah, he gave me a bag of seals but the show a little age,so I'm going to get a new bag. I don't even bother with 12 oz btls anymore, I have been using 22oz an am very excited to bump that up to 33!

i have gotten several, i dont think its how many but more about how old the seals are when they start to get hard. but i have done some showing lots of age and use and they worked fine. im only on my 2nd batch with them but im still using the original seals. (couple are new seals cause i lost a few.

Love them, never had a problem, though I've only used them a few times so there's been no real time for gasket wear.

Also, Toga, about how many uses do you get out of a seal?

The bulk of the bottles I have I bought used from a guy who was getting out of brewing and used them for several years. The rest are Grolsch bottles I hung on to after drinking them. I have only had to replace the seal on a half dozen bottles due to dry rot. I have about twenty uses on most of the bottles and the seals are still going strong.

Keep them out of ALL SUNLIGHT. I think the sunlight fades them more than anything.
Try putting a gasket in direct sunlight and see what happens. They turn white and crack.

Back