Show me your Brewtroller control panel!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pickles

Reaction score
I'm currently building a Brewtroller control RIMS system. I have an idea about how my cotrol panel will be laid out but would love to see what other BT users came up with. Posts so pics for me to steal ideas from! :)

Still working on it...

I'm building the electrics on a board now and will be making a temporary panel before I actually drill / cut the box.

i'll post mine later today or tomorrow, dont have access to pictures at the moment

I worked on mine this weekend at the machine shop but didn't finish. I should have pictures this coming weekend. I have been dragging my ass finishing this thing. I will be happy when it is finished.

Here is mine. All wiring enters the box through two connectors so I can unplug it and carry it in the car for transport or take the box inside for testing and updates. I need to get with the BT guys soon, having some minor issues with the board. My pressure sensors are located in the box also and has quick disconects for the tubing. You can see the tubing and connectors just under the box.

0124001201.jpg

Here is mine. All wiring enters the box through two connectors so I can unplug it and carry it in the car for transport or take the box inside for testing and updates. I need to get with the BT guys soon, having some minor issues with the board. My pressure sensors are located in the box also and has quick disconects for the tubing. You can see the tubing and connectors just under the box.

0124001201.jpg

It's hard to tell from the picture, but is that a bezel you have around your brewtroller LCD? If so where did you find it?

These are looking nice guys. I hope mine will be done by Saturday; now that I have found the USB connector I can make final cuts and paint.

Any chance you can tell us what connectors you used to be able to disconnect the control panel? I was thinking of doing the same.

Thanks. BTW, your brewery looks great! :mug:

Beerthirty-

Can you provide any details on your control panel box?

* What are the dimensions?
* Did you make it or where did you purchase it from?

It's hard to tell from the picture, but is that a bezel you have around your brewtroller LCD? If so where did you find it?

Guy-

I made this "bezel" for mine. It was from a cover panel (almost like a single gang plate but smaller) that I found at Home Depot with all the electrical boxes and conduit.

I obviously had to cut the hole with a dremel but that came out much better than the one underneath (not to mention I think the plate was $0.94 or something like that).

Ignore the dremel slip to the lower right, I'm probably scrapping this box anyhow. It's all somewhat of a temporary solution anyhow.

Maybe Jeremiah could cut some of these up on his fancy CNC and put them in the BT store. :)

lcd_bezel.jpg

Guy its not a bezel per say. Its a thin bead of silicone wiped to form a 45*.
jp it is 316 SS 14x16x6. It has a seal inside the lid that makes it water tight. I think it was made for custom control builds. It was given to me so I'm not sure where one could be found. It has a name engraved on it, I will get it and post it tonight.

I had planned on using twist lock cannon plug connectors used in heavy equipment but had problems sourcing them under $100. The current connectors are rectangular, about 3/4x1 1/2 inches with a knurled securing post in the center. I will try to get teh brand tonight and post it.

Thanks Gents for responding. I am cutting the opening for the display on a Bridgeport Milling Machine but a Bezel would just make it a little more refined and professional looking. Both of you do very nice work. If my upgrade works out as nice as both of yours, I will be content. I just wish it would get warmer so I can get in the garage to start replumbing. I have the stainless steel tubing, the tri-clovers and a fortune in swagelok fittings and am jonesing to use them all.

So i have my panel operable. I still need to add RGB LEDs to the right of the toggle switches and I want to put a system schematic at the bottom with LEDs indicating the devices that are "on". I am using cat-5 for my temp sensors. The other 5 empty spots will be for future pressure sensors etc and will be blanked out for now. It also has external USB conection. The toggle switches allow for manual override of the elements in th HLT, RIMs, BK and two Iwaki pumps. The key turns power on to the BrewTroller.

Here is what I started with
4447137788_20d267e836_o.jpg

4447137824_f3f6b70f25_o.jpg

4447137858_967bc936a6_o.jpg

My RIMs vessel I've been building
4447044944_b6340eebdd_o.jpg

4446271061_7e6750e4c2_o.jpg

This is a conversion project from a PID controlled HERMS to BrewTroller.
First Brew was this weekend, and I'll post a build thread in the next couple of days. This was step 1, 2.1 will be valves :)

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

Nice work Larry, is the Line-Loc holding up the control panel? How stiff is it?

Yes, It does just fine ! The idea is that the black square will become a circle and fit in the nice little corner post.

It is great for standing next to it, or sitting down having a HB while the system takes care of the work. :D

Finally close to being finished.

Brewtroller powered (obviously) with a faceplate from Front Panel Express (who I highly recommend).

The switches allow for manual on, manual off or Brewtroller controlled for each valve, pump, etc. The LED changes color based on the mode selected.

control_panel.jpg

Dang, I've seen this thing several times and it always makes giddy and jealous! I really like the tri-color LED circuit you worked up. Nice work sir!

Awesome! One of the best I've seen. I'm glad to hear you had a good experience with Front Panel Express. I plan on using them in the future for my panel.

The whole thing is VERY nice! What did you use to step down the power for the LEDs?

thx
BTW, long time reader first time poster.

The LEDs are driven by 12VDC which is what controls the relays that the switches connect to; resistors drop the voltage to appropriate levels.

The complete circuit diagram can be found here: http://www.brewtroller.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6291&postcount=37

I think the build thread might have some pics of the circuit board I did for the cabling: http://www.brewtroller.com/forum/showthread.php?t=583

Back