Has anyone made wine from Midwest's frozen wine grape musts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingerdawg

Reaction score
Has anyone used these frozen vineyard grape musts?
http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdBySubCat.aspx?SubCat=11200
Midwest is close to on my way home from work, so shipping isn't an issue for me.
Will these frozen musts make a better wine than the average kit?
I have looked at the online instructions, and it looks like there is a little more to it than kit wine, but I like to try new things.

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and was justing wondering if you actually tried this and how it worked for you?

S.

I did!

I bought two buckets in June 2010. One was a sauvignon blanc, which was 5 gallons of juice, and one was a 5 gallon bucket of pinot noir grapes.

Both came out great! The sauvignon blanc made 5 gallons of wine, while the bucket of grapes made a 3 gallon batch of wine (after pressing, etc).

Yes, we bought a bucket of the 08 Syrah (shiraz) and made about 3.5-4 gallons. We tried them at about 5 months in the bottle, and it was still too young, but good. We put them in the cellar and forgot about them till now. Time to check those bad boys out!!!
It does take a longer aging time than some of the juice kits, but you can make some good wine.

Latest posts

Back