• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Brewing aparatus that I don't have time to finish. Dallas area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordanpace

Reaction score
I have been building brewing sculpture the last few months but I am not having to get rid of it.

I am moving out of the country to study for 3 years and wont be needing a half finished sculpture sitting around.

It is basically a 20 gallon system.

The BK is a 25 gallon mega pot purchased off of northernbrewer.com awhile back and has a 1/2 coupler welded to the front and a 1/8 (i believe) coupler welded on the front for the thermometer.

The other 2 kettles are converted 15.5 sanke kegs, however they have not been drilled for holes (one does have a large hold drilled in for a heating element but the 1" coupler for it was never welded on).

I made the stand out of 1" square tubing and a mig welder.

The stand has 2 brand new March 809HS-PL pumps mounted and a Low Pressure Burner 103,000 BTUs Propane.

The rig was meant to be a HERMS system with a propane heated boil kettle.
It comes with a control box and a 1/16 DIN PID Temperature Controller (SSR control output) mounted.
I have a water filter halfway mounted at the moment and a half made wort chiller.

I will even throw in a 6.5 gallon glass carboy and a maple mash paddle (purchased off of morebeer.com over 2 years ago).

It is also mounted on wheels and rolls like a dream on a level surface.

Here are the pictures...

$700 takes everything. (i've seen these types of stands go for almost 1k)

I am located near the DFW.

PM if interested. By the way this is a local pick up only, thx.

If you weren't in such a long drive or I had more time on my hands, you'd have a deal. I don't think it should cost $700 with used kegs, but it would save me the hassle of building it myself.

If you weren't in such a long drive or I had more time on my hands, you'd have a deal. I don't think it should cost $700 with used kegs, but it would save me the hassle of building it myself.

You have to be kidding. Do you want him to give it away? I hate to rant but I can't believe how many people here want others to have to give their used stuff away. In this case Suthrncomfrt1884 is selling the welded brew stand (with some of the plumbing already done), the keggles, a burner, 2 march pumps, the control box with a PID controller, a 25 gallon megapot and other stuff I am sure I missed and you think $700 is too much? If you have never built a brewery like this you have no idea how much this stuff costs. Rant over.

Man, that's an excellent deal. I wish I had the cash, but I don't think my credit union would consider this a legitimate purchase using a "home improvement" loan.

is selling the welded brew stand (with some of the plumbing already done), the keggles, a burner, 2 march pumps, the control box with a PID controller, a 25 gallon megapot and other stuff I am sure I missed and you think $700 is too much?

The keggles are worthless in my opinion. If he bought them brand new from sabco, that'd be a different story. But they're used AB kegs. I've already got three of them and they cost me around 50 a piece to make them. As for the rest of the things you listed...

The brew stand is tough to pick a price point. Do I know how well of a welder this guy is? I'm assuming he did good work since he was going to use it himself...but it's also not fully complete, meaning I have to do more work to it. Sweat equity is worthless in resale.

The burner, pumps, PID, and megapot combined have a pricetag of less than $700.

After re-thinking it, I do believe it's a good price at $700 for everything. BUT, it's in no way a steal. That's just my opinion.

The 2 march pumps alone are worth $300. I am unsure why other folks feel like they need to tell someone what there equipment is worth. You cannot put a price tag on someone's time. If he wanted to post it for 1200, then that is his right, but it really doesn't seem ethical to call someone out on what they are pricing the equipment at. This is a free market society, if you don't want to buy it at that price then move on, don't insult someone by telling them that there equipment isn't worth what they have priced it at.

I don't care if he is only into it for $300 and he is making a 100% profit. It is not his business to make sure he doesn't make money on the sale.

The 2 march pumps alone are worth $300. I am unsure why other folks feel like they need to tell someone what there equipment is worth. You cannot put a price tag on someone's time. If he wanted to post it for 1200, then that is his right, but it really doesn't seem ethical to call someone out on what they are pricing the equipment at. This is a free market society, if you don't want to buy it at that price then move on, don't insult someone by telling them that there equipment isn't worth what they have priced it at.

I don't care if he is only into it for $300 and he is making a 100% profit. It is not his business to make sure he doesn't make money on the sale.

Yes, the March pumps and the brewpot are the two most expensive pieces. As I said though...sweat equity is worthless. His time cannot have a pricetag put on it.

If I build a house with my bare hands and try to sell if for 1 million even though it's only worth 200k, would you buy it? No. I may think it's worth that much, but it's obviously not.

I'm not insulting this guys work. I think it's a great setup, and I think he's put a good price on it as I said in my last post. I just don't think it's a steal as others have mentioned. I'm entitled to my opinions, aren't I?

And I do believe in my first post that I said "If you weren't such a far drive, I'd buy it". That's because I feel like it's a fair price.

When you start to say that something isn't worth what someone has priced it at you are chasing away someone who thinks they are getting a good deal. His stuff is worth what someone else it willing to pay for it, you shouldn't be getting in the way of someone else buying his stuff. You said it, it is too far for you, so view it and go onto another forum or posting.

I just don't get why some folks feel the need to make sure that everyone else gets a great deal, not a good deal just a great deal. It seems to me that if you have no intention on buying something then you have no business telling someone else not to buy it or to tell them it isn't a good deal. Try walking into your LHBS and telling them that the Carboy they are selling isn't worth what they are charging.

When you start to say that something isn't worth what someone has priced it at you are chasing away someone who thinks they are getting a good deal.

Excuse me... I think I owe you an apology then. I didn't realize this site was based on deception and fooling people into paying more than they should.

Are you telling me that you pay full asking price for everything? When you buy a car... do you pay list price? Or do you talk him down to what YOU think the car is worth? That's all I was stating here. It's my right to do so...there's no forum rules against it. I'll be the one saving a few bucks while you're paying $100 for a haircut. And ya know...that doesn't bother me one bit. I'm done arguing with you.

An opinion is one thing, this seller was not trying to deceive anyone. He asked for $700 based on whatever he thought it was worthy. He has already started some of the process of putting this rig together, that is worth something to me and most everybody else. If you wanted to talk him down from his asking price it should be in a PM. Don't dog his price and say his stuff isn't worth what he is asking. It looks like he had no problem finding a buyer, that tells me somebody thought it was one heck of a deal.

OK, you're being rude AND wrong.

Keggles; by your estimation, $50 each, x3 = $150. Most people would pay more like $100 for a completely keggle (at least) and probably $40 just for the keg. We'll say $150 for simplicity. Why you say used kegs are worthless is so unfathomable to me I'm going to pretend it was never said.

Pumps; 2 x $140 = $280

25 gallon mega pot = $250

Burner's probably what, $50?

That's north of $700 worth of parts before even considering the actual stand and all of the other bits and pieces (control box, carboy, mash paddle, water filer, etc.)

That's one helluva deal, IMO. That's far cheaper than I've seen comparable (used) setups going for. The parts are used, but there is value in having things all put together.

It's obvious that I have a different opinion on the price.

I doubt the OP even cares as he hasn't chimed in himself and he already has a buyer. I will apologize just because I don't want any beef and didn't mean to offend anyone. As for the rest of you...get off my back. I don't find what I did rude in any way.

It's obvious that I have a different opinion on the price.

I doubt the OP even cares as he hasn't chimed in himself and he already has a buyer. I will apologize just because I don't want any beef and didn't mean to offend anyone. As for the rest of you...get off my back. I don't find what I did rude in any way.

I am sure you didn't mean to offend anyone. I have done the same thing in the past on another forum, but learned my lesson when someone else did it to me. Pot calling the kettle black lesson learned on my part. It seems as if it is sold, so no harm no foul. In the future just put it in a PM. It's just the right thing to do.

Latest posts

Back