I know nothing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbrewer

Reaction score
I'll be honest, i am an english cider fan that knows very little/nothing about cider production, but would love to try making my own, i would be incredibly grateful of any advice and finacial costs that more experienced brewers could send my way. many thanks Ian

Check out some of my other postings for procedures. It's really quite simple at it's basic level. Apple juice ( commercial unpasteurized, unclarified 100% organic and champagne yeast)

This recipe takes those same basics and improves on it. It is as close to scrumpy as I can get without the oak barrels and english apple juice..I'd say it's about 80% on the mark.

Single Fortified Cider with Lemon Juice and French Oak chip adjunct.

6 gallons of Santa Cruz Sweet Apple Cider.
100 % Organic.

5 gallons treatment of French Oak toasted chips

6 cans of Apple Concentrate

3 teaspoons of ground grape skins

3 teaspoons of Real Lemon lemon juice

3 teaspoons of Yeast Energizer

2 packets of ( 5g) of LALVIN EC-1118 Yeast
Saccharomyces Bayanus

Let me know if you need any other help..but like I said search my posts, there's only about 16 of them.

My wife LOVES Hornsby's Draught Cider (I don't care for cider personally) and I was wondering if something like that is made much like a hard cider. Anyone have any info/directions on that?

Back