Easy Partial Mash- Hefeweissen recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sure:

2 lbs Wheat Malt
2 lbs Pilsner Malt
0.75 lbs Torrified or Raw Wheat
0.25 lbs Aromatic Malt
Mash at 152°F

Extract: 3 lbs Wheat DME or 4 lbs Wheat LME

Do a 90 minute boil. You can do a late extract addition if you'd like to have a light color.

10-12 IBUs (about 0.75 oz) Tettnang hops @ 60 minutes

WLP300 Hefeweizen Ale Yeast - ferment at 65°F

that should get you pretty close.

I Need to copy this one down. I am still very new and don't confident enough to try anything other than extracts yet. I can say this most likely will be on my list of "First Partial Mash"

Thanks!

DeathBrewer- I finally made it to my HBS and picked up the ingredients for this recipe. Im brewing it up tomorrow.

Thanks again.

yeah, it just may be a bit stronger. But that all depends on your efficiency.

So I racked to my secondary the other day and tried a little bit.

You're right.. it is a little strong.. and little harsh/bitter.

Maybe some of that will mellow out if I keep it in my secondary for a couple weeks?

I didn't mean stronger as in bitter. With that 4 oz of aromatic, that should be pretty malty. Bitter would imply that you used too much bittering hops or there may be another problem. I wouldn't worry about it, tho...it's probably just green.

cool.. thanks again man. I'll let you know how it goes after I bottle it.

What Im thinking of doing is taking some of it and mixing it in a 1 gall jug with some apple wine. Might be kind of interesting.

Back