(Central OH) Fall MOB brew sessions Aug 2 and Sept 27

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IF your planning on watching the game first what time do you plan on starting?? I usually start as early in the morning as possible.

Not sure...I was either going to start my mash before the game or at half time. If it's a good game I might wait until it's over to start. I have no plans...

Whenever anyone wants to show up they can. If they dont like football and want to get their brew going during the game, go right a head. There's no schedule here. All I know is I'm going to brew, I'm going to watch the buckeye and I'm going to get drunk. Not necessarily in that order, either...

I haven't checked this post in a while....

It sounds like we have one other coming from the forum so It'll just be a little gathering. I'm wondering what happened to the people were in last month?

I have so much beer I don't know what to brew. This is what i have on hand right now. Someone who is coming Saturday hook me up with a recipe.
I have an extra mashtun & brew kettle & burner I'll bring...

Ahemm... Where am I going? :)

Rahr 2-Row 40 Lbs.
Belgian Caravienne 1 lbs
Flaked Oats 3 lbs
Simpsons CaraMalt 1 lbs
Gambrinus Honey Malt 1 lbs
Belgian Biscuit Malt 1 lbs
Briess Carapils 2 lbs
Rahr 6-Row 2 lbs
Simpsons Dark Crystal 0.5 ? Might have used this...
Rice Hulls 2
Flaked maize 2 lbs
chocolate malt 1/2 oz
rosted barley 1 oz

willamette hops 1
nugget hops 0.5
Centennial hops, 1oz 1
Challenger hops, 1oz 1
liberty hops 0.5
east kent goldings 0.5
mt hood 1

1056 yeast 1
1099 yeast 1

Dude Chris, you are a hit on YouTube!

There is enough time for 2 brews so go for it! I PMd you directions and info. When ya showin up?

Man I wish this house would sell so I can lock on the one were having built in Delaware. If I hadnt told mom a few weeks ago I was going to help her move then I would definately be there. Im ready to move. Theres a lot more people brewing up there than here

How did it go this past weekend, guys?

I would have been there, but I had to work on the deck. I have to get it finished before the cold weather starts setting in.

Yes, It was a very good time. Other than burning the **** out of my hand... When is the next brew date? My IPA is still fermenting strong and smelling very bitter when I open the fermentation chiller...
I ended up brewing this...

12 lbs. 2-row
1 lbs. Simpsons CaraMalt
.5 biscuit
.25 pounds honey malt
1oz Roasted barley

.5 nugget 12% 60min
.5 challenger 6.3% 60min
.5 challenger 6.3% 30min
.5 centennial 9.5% 10min
.5 centennial 9.5% 1min
wyeast 1056

Est O.G (@ 75%)= 1.074
SRM = 8.9 (11.4 with roasted barley)
IBU = 52.6

SHUCKS, I JUST read this post. Looks like I missed another good time. When is the next brew day?

Not sure when the next day is. Maybe a "Winter Warmer" could be planned sometime?

I had a great time Saturday. We killed a keg or two but managed to have enough homebrew to make us hoppy :D

I'm at work so maybe I'll get the pics posted tonight.

Not sure when the next day is. Maybe a "Winter Warmer" could be planned sometime?

I had a great time Saturday. We killed a keg or two but managed to have enough homebrew to make us hoppy :D

I'm at work so maybe I'll get the pics posted tonight.

This is proof that my friends are sissies. I had about 3/4 of a keg of Blonde (along with a bunch of other beers) and they couldn't even kick ONE damn keg.

Next time I'm partying with you guys. :rockin: :D

Back