Threaded quick disconnect washer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phidelt844

Reaction score
I'm sure there's an answer out there already, but I didn't turn anything up with a quick search.

I initially bought a keg kit that came basically pre-assembled. I'm trying to add on another liquid out, so I purchased the following:

Threaded liquid out quick disconnect
Threaded to 1/4" barb
3/16" beer line
Picnic tap

The usual guy at my LHBS was not in, and the employee was not sure on my question. Do I need a washer between the quick disconnect and the barb that screws on to it? It looks like there is a tiny black plastic tip on the end of the threading on the QD, but the shop also sold these tapered plastic washers, so I picked up one of those just in case. It looks like it fits in there, but are these required or recommended? Thanks!

No you don't need a plastic washer on those. The black/grey (depending on type) tip serves that purpose. If it was just metal to metal then you would need the plastic washer.

Back