Double Bastard Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabe

It's a sickness!
Reaction score
Hey guys I havn't posted in a while so Hope everyone is brewtastic.:cross: I just got back from the Stone Brewing Company of N San Diego. What a brewery and the beer was just as good. The double bastard ale is awsome and I wanted to know ,for those of you who have had it, what you think the grain bill and yeast type is. The hops they told me were Chinook, magnum, and cascade, (not in that order of bitter, flavor, aroma ) They wouldn't go that far as to tell me that. The 10% alc beer is a dark red or amber and full of flavor. Anyone have any ideas on the grain bill or what makes this tasty brew? Cheers:mug:

Here's an AG clone for the regular AB: http://www.homebrew.com/pdfs/recipes/all-grain-recipes/Arrogant BastardAG.pdf

I notice they don't use Chinook, but I'm positive the real thing uses it. In fact, I always thought AB used only Chinook, but I'm probably wrong.

I imagine you can get there by using the hops they told you (Chinook for bittering), and tweaking this grain bill up some. You might also find some info on their site. I'd look, but our proxy has it blocked. :rolleyes:

Man after 12 hours of work that just messes with you hardcore. I was dazed and confused for a second.

Back