Super Agata Capper Bells: inner dia. for the 26mm & 29mm cappers different sizes...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamjonsharp

Reaction score
So I've got the Super Agata Bench capper. By regularly changing from the 26mm and 29mm bells, the male threads on the capper have stripped a bit:
capper002.jpg

Now, the 29mm bell (silver) still screws on perfectly, but the 26mm bell (gold) won't screw on at all. As it turns out, the inner dimensions of the 26mm bell is 16mm, whereas the inner dimensions of the 29mm bell is 15mm:
capper005.jpg

Anyone else notice this? As of now, I've been able to wrap the threads with teflon tape and the bell for the 26mm holds fairly well, but if there are 26mm bells out there with the smaller 15mm dimension, it would be easily just to buy a new bell, rather than try to fix the threading or a buy a new capper. The gold bell is the original bell that came with the capper.

Do you have a lot of European bottles? I don't think many people have noticed that because most American bottles all have the same diameter to them and never switch capping sizes.

Do you have a lot of European bottles? I don't think many people have noticed that because most American bottles all have the same diameter to them and never switch capping sizes.

Not too many...I'll usually bottle a couple of 750's per batch, and alot of them are the 29mm kind.

Back