Guess I should

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joker

Reaction score
Just found the forum with a random search and like what I have seen so far. I have been reading a few other forums that also contain good info but this will make a nice addition to my continued knowledge of brewing.

I got into brewing after helping my brother brew a batch. I like the ability to create and have complete freedom over the recipes, not to mention I like beer. I have never been a fan of the BMC brews micro's attracted me to beer and they are all I drink. Black Butte Porter is the brew that got me into beer drinking.

All my brews thus far have been partials, I don't have the equipment for all-grain and straight extract seemed to limiting. I have been brewing for a year and a half maybe two. The brew of mine that grabs the most attention is my blueberry wheat, although a recently made IPA gave it a serious run for its title when they were served side by side. The blueberry I have brewed many times making subtle changes to it to see what effects is has, as well as multiple brown ales, an IPA and a few others that escape my mind at the moment. I always make starters I always secondary (yes even the wheat, no I don't really know why). Currently I bottle all my brews but I have kegs just waiting for my budget to allow me to get the rest of the equipment needed.

My next jump is all grain and I am looking to do that soon. I am anxious to start playing with amount of grain and the effects it has.

To be added to the collection of "you know you a homebrewer when": You get a chocolate lab and name him Porter. :D

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've got some decent brewing experience and you can share/learn here.

Back