Blackberry mead suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrunkTrucker

Reaction score
I was looking for a blackberry mead recipe and wondering if anyone had a kickass one. Im looking to do five gallons. Ive tried looking at different websites and im not having much luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Here's one I made last year. I fermented the honey first, then racked onto the blackberries. I had squished out all the juice, but next time I make it I'm going to crush them then add the whole kit-n-kaboodle into the fermenter. Then I'll rack off of the goop that's left.

Ingredients for 5 gal

* 10 lb Blackberries
* 16 lb honey
* topoff water
* WLP720 Sweet Mead Yeast (15% ABV)

Thanks evil. I was kinda thinking something along those lines. I wasnt quite sure on the fruit. I just need to get about 10 more lbs of honey and I think I saw that costco had blackberries. How did yours turn out? Does the blackberry flavor come through pretty good?

I did my melomel the reverse. I crushed and fermented 2.5 gallons of blackberries, then strained it onto 6 lbs of honey. When that was done, I racked it into two one gallon jugs to age. The blackberry dominated the flavor when I racked it. I'll probably bottle this fall.

Back