What age are kids in the 8th grade?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The only reason I got a 10 is my daughter is in 7th and the mode thing came up. Otherwise I would have probably missed that one.

10/10
I used to tutor (Calculus) and there were first/second year undergraduates that could not do some of this stuff. And this was a top 50 university. (They were mostly art/fine art majors but still).

uglygoat said:
i didn't take the test... muttered something like f that! and closed the test. :D

lol - glad I'm not the only one. I don't feel the need to prove that I can pass 8th grade math. I did it once already.

uglygoat said:
i didn't take the test... muttered something like f that! and closed the test. :D

Yep, me too. I could have probably figured them out, but I hate that kind of math so much that I won't even bother. I enjoy using math to figure out recipes or build something and that's about it.

So am I the only one who is going to be honest about how they did?

6/10 Oh No you Failed 8th grade math! Oh yeah Baby!

Good thing that I am not in 8th grade math anymore.

I did make it through Naval Avionics Training with all A's so that should make up for it.

Cheers

10/10 here and I thought it was pretty simple.

Now if I write some kind of esay or report it will come back with so much red ink it would make a surgeon squirm.

uglygoat said:

Same here... I failed freshman algebra, buffaloed my way thru sophmore geometry, and never looked back at math again.

Pitiful, yes I know, but it's embarassing to have to take my shoes off to count when there's not a calculator around. :drunk:

Ize

Two Minutes said:
10/10, but then again, I am a mathematician ;)

Although I only got the mode question by process of elimination, I still don't remember mode.

Probably we've all done this; but if you don't mind plugging in your junk email address, you can get your iq here:

http://www.iqtest.com/prep.html?test=final

I scored a 141 on that guy. Kind of have to take those kind of things with a grain of salt though.

9/10. That kind of algebra is second nature after college calculus. I'd like to know which one I got wrong, though.

8/10. Only because the surf was good all thru highschool, and I had a girl in my 8th grade math class who developed early

8/10. my math teacher was also the football coach, I was a starting playa. The I got into a little smoke. I can add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions in my head. What else do you need in every day life...... I've never seen a n and b and a c sitting on the shelf and needed to know what they equaled

Latest posts

Back