Cleaning out the Freezer? You pick it!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarMoeCur

Reaction score
Well, after doing a quick count of what Hops I have left from 2010. It looks like it's either IPA or IIPA time. :ban: I figured I'd let HBT members make the call.

Here's what I have, you set hop schedule, I'll pick the grain bill. (10 gallon All grain batch)

Centennial 1.75 oz
Chinook 3 oz
pearle 1 oz
Magnum 1.25 oz
Cascade 5 oz

I'll post the complete recipe and results when complete. :mug:

I would use the perle and Chinook in one beer and the rest in another. The chinook and perle have more of a peppery spicy flavor and the rest are more fruity and citrussy.

But if you are sure you want to use all of them in one beer I would go with:
3oz chinook 60min
1oz pearle 60 min
1.75oz Centennial 20min
1.25oz magnum 20 min
2oz cascade 5 min
2oz cascade dry hop 10 days

I would go Chinook, Centennial, Cascade in one beer and Magnum and Perle in the other. I speak from experience in the three C's... muy bueno.

I guess, I should have thought out my post a little more. I really wasn't planning on using all of my leftover hops in one beer. Just some of them, I put the entire list to give more choices. My bad!

You want to use them all I'm assuming?
FWH - magnum 1.25 oz
20-1 oz cascade . 1 oz chinook
5-1 oz cascade 1 oz chinook 1 oz perle .75 oz centennial
flameout-1 oz cascade
dry hop 2 oz cascade 1 oz chinook 1 oz centennial

or you could mix them all together and do a continuous hopping sort of thing and then dry hop with like 3 or 4 oz

Back