Earrings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reelale

Reaction score
Any brewers with earrings? Do you wear them to work? What age do you think that earrings are inappropriate (for males)? I just put mine back in. It's been 10 months. I think it looks fabulous. It highlights my crimson lips and voluptuous cheeks, while accentuating my more masculine properties.

Well, I have a silver phillips-head screw earring...and I'm wearing it to work tomorrow. I will be fabulous. See, I'm secure enough in my masculinity, that I can wear such things. Panty hose, not so much. My wife says I stretch them out too much.

Oh, and by the bye. Earrings were first worn by men. Dates back to ancient Mesopotamia. So there's that.

I've got a 0-gauge plug in each ear lobe. I'm 37-years-old and teach high school science in a rural community. Wear them to work everyday. Never had any issues. Kids were distracted by them for the first day or two but then got over it. They were more distracted by the fact that I actually knew who Macklemore was and owned his music. Teachers aren't supposedto be cool I guess....

I've got a 0-gauge plug in each ear lobe. I'm 37-years-old and teach high school science in a rural community. Wear them to work everyday. Never had any issues. Kids were distracted by them for the first day or two but then got over it. They were more distracted by the fact that I actually knew who Macklemore was and owned his music. Teachers aren't supposedto be cool I guess....

I think it's pretty much the norm now. That is people accepting or expressing their individuality. I think it's great. I'm 57 and got the piercing when I was 55. People said I was experiencing a mid-life crisis. Bwahahahahaha! Mid-life my ass. I just had a hankering to get a hole punched through my ear lobe and decided to get a nice piece of jewlery to plug it up once I came to my senses.

When my oldest was 17, he got an ear pierced and wore a small silver piece of jewelry in it - not in the lobe but higher up. Interestingly, all the jocks were doing it.

Me, I'm fabulous enough without extra jewelry . . . . except for a pinky ring, I'm really thinking I need one of those, gotta have the bling!

When my oldest was 17, he got an ear pierced and wore a small silver piece of jewelry in it - not in the lobe but higher up. Interestingly, all the jocks were doing it.

Me, I'm fabulous enough without extra jewelry . . . . except for a pinky ring, I'm really thinking I need one of those, gotta have the bling!

Do it! Nothing gaudy, just a very tasteful post. I wear my pinky ring too. Cuz I'm so fat that my wedding band fits better there. I'm a mess.

Oh, and by the bye. Earrings were first worn by men. Dates back to ancient Mesopotamia. So there's that.

Sailors since antiquity wore them too. If you fell overboard you'd always have a couple gold pieces to pay the boatman to guide your soul to the afterlife

Sailors since antiquity wore them too. If you fell overboard you'd always have a couple gold pieces to pay the boatman to guide your soul to the afterlife

And this. See? It's not just vanity.

I have had seven ear piercings and at one point had my tongue pierced too. Never took them out for work and never had anyone comment about them.

One of my friends has ten piercings including a bull ring, cheeks, eye brows...... he works in healthcare

I have an industrial in my left ear I wear rings in. Company doesn't allow any jewelry in the kitchen. I generally just wear them when going out and dressed up. They're subtle, and most people respond positively.

I don't have one. My father had a small 'pirate loop' for a while. Think he got it about when he got sick (cancer). It's now in the urn with him. I don't need any extra holes in my head. Or more stuff to take care of and such.

BTW, the opening post has so many non-manly connotations it's unreal. IMO, Reelale, you're "man card" has been revoked. :eek: :D

Yeah Reel, I've a 4 gauge tunnel in each lobe. And a lumberjack beard. I wear them to work everyday. Then again I'm not the only one. I'll need some tattoos to reely fit in.

There was gay bashing in here? I didn't see it. I certainly didn't do it. It'd be interesting to read why anyone would think otherwise.

NO thanks to the jewelery. First, I'm not a fan of jewelery. Second, I punch enough holes in my hands by accident working around the house and whatnot. I can't imagine why I'd want to do it on purpose to my face.

When I want to feel pretty I just sneak into my wife's drawer. Only underwear though. I don't have any fashion sense and makeup is way too confusing for me. This way it's my little secret and it feels pretty good too.

But no to the piercings. And to tattoos. Although I do have a tattoo on my finger by accident one time.

Well, I chickened out. No earring worn to work. I've become such a conformist that I make myself physically ill at times.

No tattoos or piercings. Ugly enough with out them I guess and dang it is just to hard to find a gun to match your bling

yup and yup.

Both ears, tongue, nips done. All 6ga hoops except for the tongue.

Had the ears done many, many years ago when it was 'cool' for guys to have the left ear pierced. You know... back when left = straight, right only = you're gay.

My dad always gave me crap and would ask what color dress I wanted for X-Mass... my step dad always gave me crap & asked that I didn't wear them to work (worked for him for about 5 years). I'll be 40 this year. Had the ears done when I was 18, tongue when I was 20, & nips by request of a girlfriend at 22.

I see them as accessories much like for ladies. My chest if HUGE (54-56"), so I accessorized it with nipple piercings. My face is beautiful, so I accessorized it with earrings. My tongue, well.... ask your mom.

:)

used to have in both ears, two in the lip one in each eyebrown and two big ones in my neck. I had to remove them all for my job... I kind of miss them. My wife doesn´t

There was gay bashing in here? I didn't see it. I certainly didn't do it. It'd be interesting to read why anyone would think otherwise.

I don't know, I didn't see the posts, so can't comment on that directly.

But I will comment that it is too common here, in my opinion, to use the word 'gay' as a pejorative, as in "that was gay" to demean the other person. Its not gay-bashing in the sense that its not saying homosexuality is wrong and its not an obviously inflammatory word, like the N word for people of color or the F word for gay men.

But, if I were gay, and I was with people who said things like "you're so gay" or
"that's so gay" to ridicule the other person, I probably wouldn't hang out with those people anymore.

Just my two cents.

Well, I chickened out. No earring worn to work. I've become such a conformist that I make myself physically ill at times.
bwahaha

OK I'll play...6 earrings, 3 in each ear. I don't wear them often and when I do it's only 1 or 2 in the left. Not even sure I can get earrings in the top 2 right holes anymore. I've had them for well over 20 years. Nipple piercing. 15 tattoos. I wear the tattoos and nipple ring to work :D

Any brewers with earrings? Do you wear them to work? What age do you think that earrings are inappropriate (for males)? I just put mine back in. It's been 10 months. I think it looks fabulous. It highlights my crimson lips and voluptuous cheeks, while accentuating my more masculine properties.

I am a man looking to accessorize as much as possible. Do you have any suggestions for anything hand and foot that will show minimize my sausage fingers while showing off my sausage toes?

I got my ear pierced when I was 12 years old and have worn small studs and small rings ever sense until just a couple months ago. My most recent earring was a small silver ring that was so low maintenance I only needed to take it out about once every couple months to keep if from getting tarnished. At some point about two months ago I noticed that it was not in my ear and had fallen out. I decided that if I find if I would put it back in but I was not going to buy a new earring since I'm turning 30 this year and don't need it.

I am a man looking to accessorize as much as possible. Do you have any suggestions for anything hand and foot that will show minimize my sausage fingers while showing off my sausage toes?

Birkenstocks for the little piggies and some sort of subdued color polish for the nails. They say darker colors have a slimming effect.

I am in my 50s and first pierced my left ear while a college freshman in Eugene, Oregon during the 1977-78 school year. Back then you got strange looks from people outside of the university area if you were male and wore an earring. I got those looks anyway since my hair was about two-thirds of the way to my butt, so no big deal. Within a couple of years all of the frat boys started piercing their ears, so on my 23rd birthday I had a second hole pierced in my left ear. I stopped there when people started piercing both ears with multiple piercings.

I wore the earrings all the way through law school in the 80s but did not wear them to work after I started practicing law. I did, however, wear tie-dyed underwear under my suits so I didn't feel like a complete fake! Once, many years ago, one of the lawyers I worked with and I were picking a jury for a complex trial. One of the potential jurors (male) had a pink Mohawk and multiple piercings. The other lawyer turned to me and said, "If he gets on the jury, start wearing your earrings to court." The case settled before we finished picking a jury.

Fast forward to 2010 and a stroke that ended my legal career. Now I pretty much always have two small silver hoops in my ear (instead of feathers and large hoops and things like that when I was younger) and I keep threatening to grow a small ponytail, even though I am bald on top. I also have the brewer's beard and a tattoo to help accessorize the beer gut.

No earrings myself. Never really had the desire - like has been mentioned already, I poke enough holes in my body the way it is, I don't need to pay someone to do it for me. That, and the sight of a fellow firefighter getting his ring caught in his nomex hood.. not something a guy needs to be dealing with on the fireground. But I don't have anything against guys that do have the piercings - to each their own. Don't really care for the gauges though.. male or female. Just ain't right in my book.

I've got both lobes and cartilage on my left pierced. Then again I'm a tattooed 22 year old environmentalist hipster, so I guess it fits the bill. Most people don't seem to notice them, since all I wear usually are silver studs and my hair covers my cartilage.

Back