New Home Brewer in Colorado

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew-ta-sauraus

Reaction score
Hello fellow home brewers from Parker Colorado! I found this site from a goggle search. Just got into home brewing this year. Started with extract and brewed 5 5gal batches with much success (neighbors seem to like the beer). Had kegerator prior to starting home brewing so I have never bottled a batch, went to kegging from the first batch. Have brewed two batches of all grain in the last two weeks ( IPA, & and Amber). Don't know yet how they taste as they are still in ferm. Hopefully all went well. Used batch sparging on the two all grains. Built a cheap mash tun from youtube, actually built two, first batch used a igloo orange water cooler with a ball valve at the bottom & a SS screen line from a bathroom water hose ( little stuck runoff). Second batch used a regular rectangle cooler, was easier to stir and drained better. My wife thinks my home brewing is suddenly an obsession (any of you have that problem), but only house rules are brew outside (she thinks it smells like Golden CO when I brew and she hates it). I told her my garage is now my brewery and brewing outside is not a problem. Sorry for the long dissertation.

Brew it up!

Welcome to your obsession.

If you're looking for a local hombrew club hit me up. There are many in the area. Milehighmonks.com is my club. Many of us are in your area (Aurora to Highlands Ranch).

I know what you mean by my significant other thinking a boiling mass of wort stinks up the house, but having grown up in Golden, CO, I love that smell...

Back