A pleasant surprise in my pantry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougdecinces

Reaction score
My pantry/beerhole had become a cluttered mess, so I decided to do some spring cleaning. In the process I found six bottles of a crab apple cider that I completely forgot about. It has been in bottles for about five months. I popped a bottle and it is fantastic. It seems to have aged quite well. The apple flavors have really kicked up, but there's a nice tannic bite in the end to keep you in line.

Bonus: I've also discovered that cider at 50-55 degrees is pretty awesome. Who'da thunk it? From now on I will serve all of my ciders this way.

I recently found a 2 year old Lagunitas Undercover Shutdown ale that I stored away at my parents house a while ago. Friggin amazing.

I know it's not my own, but I was still pretty damn happy to find it and to know that it was even better aged.

Either way, good for you.

Congrats on the suprise it is always nice to find a few beer that have been forgotten I forgot about a bottle of Woodford Reserve that I stored for over 5 months tonight. Enjoying it right now.

Back