Spent grains pile stolen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ziggybrew

Reaction score
This is just weird and confusing. My compost heap is mostly spent grains. I went to dump out some weeds and branches.... There are tire tracks up to the pile, the pile is gone! Can anybody tell me what is so important about a compost heap and spent grains???? My yard machines are left unlocked and untouched. But my compost heap was stolen! WTF??? What is so valuable about two-row compost? Are people that petty?:mad:

Lol I have not a clue but if you find that guy tell him he can have mine too if he cleans out my tun while he's at it. :)

Dude...if you do have farmers in your area, you should put a criagslist post up and offer your spent grains for free to them, unless of course you use them for your garden...then do what you wish.

My pile of spent grains has been taken over by some sort of maggots.. Literally millions of them, the whole damn pile is moving. I did what any logical person would do and plopped the chickens on it.. looks like I won't need to buy feed for a couple of weeks :)

joeybeer said:
My pile of spent grains has been taken over by some sort of maggots.. Literally millions of them, the whole damn pile is moving. I did what any logical person would do and plopped the chickens on it.. looks like I won't need to buy feed for a couple of weeks :)

I had the same thing happen. I figured I had some sugar that wasn't rinsed out during the sparge. I don't know..

This is just weird and confusing. My compost heap is mostly spent grains. I went to dump out some weeds and branches.... There are tire tracks up to the pile, the pile is gone! Can anybody tell me what is so important about a compost heap and spent grains???? My yard machines are left unlocked and untouched. But my compost heap was stolen! WTF??? What is so valuable about two-row compost? Are people that petty?:mad:

Oh, I've heard about this!! My grandad used to tell me when I was a kid about the beer fairy. You should expect a couple cases of exquisite, tasty homebrew in 6-8 weeks.

Every time I dump my spent grains in the field across the road, those $#*##$* felonious deer steal it!

it was the ATF, they were going through your spent grains to analyze whether or not you've hit your 200 gallons for the year.

In a weird turn of events, a toll booth camera captured the offender racing away from the scene of the crime in an old pickup...

chicken5.jpg

I dump mine in a cemetery. I figure the ghosts might want to make some undead beer with some dead grains ;)

Maybe the deer got tired of coming to your land and decided to take it all in one shot?

Sometimes its best to let people do what they do. I would think they stole your compost for better reasons then they thought yours were. I don't have stealers here but I live too far from criminals. I did have a kid that rode my bike and locked up the engine though. They did bring it back for me to fix as well. Nice fellas. I am sure its one of my kids or their friends. My kids bring out the worst in me sometimes.

Back