Hard lemonade question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. Although The lemonade is definately drinkable, I may add another can of concentrate to flavor it up. I believe it came out to 6%. My wife likes it however my opinion is that its not that very "lemonish". I kegged it because when I tested the gravity, I tasted it. And I didnt want it to get any less sweet so I stopped it. Next time I'll be adjusting the PH right off the bat and probably change my yeast. And who knows, after its been in the keg a few days it may be even better. Thanks for your help.

I'm not a fan of stopping the yeast by artificial, or chemical, means/methods. Just seems wrong to me somehow.

I'm already looking at making either another batch of hard lemonade, or sparkling ginger hydromel (hard ginger ale)... The price of ginger root will determine which one I make next. I am leaning towards the ginger hydromel at this point, just to make something different. Either way, I have an empty 5 gallon carboy, so I can easily make a 3-4 gallon batch and not worry about using a blow-off tube. :rockin:

Once I'm kegging, I'll probably pick up the filter system to span two kegs. That way, I can run a batch through the filter IF I want to remove the yeast. I seriously doubt I'll be doing that before the end of the year though. No room to have a keezer where I currently live, for one thing.

I would give your batch a week, or three, and then sample to see if it needs more flavor added... Mine has been in bottles almost 2 weeks now, so it's almost time to chill one down for a couple of days and see where it's at.

I just finished making a strong wheat. It was a blue moon knock off recipe but I added sugar and lme to get it too 10% abv. So both my kegs are full and both my carbons are empty. Ill wait a month before I start something else.

I added 4 cans of strawberry breeze to my lemonade and it jazzed up the flavor a lot. It's quite good now. But like I mentioned, I will make adjustments on my next batch.

Back