ever been to midwest HBS?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

android

Reaction score
man, they got EVERYTHING there... i thoroughly enjoyed walking around like the proverbial kid in a candy store there today... i'll have to make it up to minneapolis more often. plus i found a liquor store nearby where i got some lagunitas IPA and victory prima pils to enjoy this evening... twas a good day. if you're ever in the area, check it out! tomorrow i'm gonna hit up summit brewery and great waters brewery, both in st. paul... should be another good day!

Yeah you gotta check out the happy gnome in st paul, and the town hall brewery in minneapolis to name a couple.

For breweries you may want to check out Surly as well.

Yep, we like our beer up here.

unfortunately summit isn't doing tours today, and i have to leave tomorrow morning, so i'll have to hit that next time. the happy gnome sounds great, I'll swing by there for sure. i was checking out town hall brewery online last night, it looks cool, your recommendation has solidified that as a stop as well... surly might have to wait until next time as their tours are all full, but looks sweet... i'll have to try their beers at the happy gnome! thanks again.

very cool... and, if you ever decide to start growing "vegetables" in your basement, they've got all you need also. ;)

Lol yeah, I'm sure they are under no misconceptions over what a lot of their growing supplies goes toward.

Hopefully you reserved at Summit! They need reservations for saturday tours. Edit: Shoot, reread your posts and looked at timestamps and see you missed it. Next time.

Midwest is cool too...MUCH larger in size than Northern Brewer, which surprised me, however I've yet to find something at Midwest that I couldn't find at NB....so maybe it's organization?

well, i went to great water with my SIL and a good friend of mine that lives in minneapolis, definitely enjoyed their beers, they have some good cask ales that fit the CAMRA standards. i particularly enjoyed their pflugenpflager, which is a 6.5% ABV oktoberfest that was fermented with an ale yeast (I assume something like a kolsh/altbier), but it was really tasty. unfortunately the cask version had been kicked before we got there, but good beers overall for sure.

next went to the happy gnome as suggested and enjoyed it thoroughly... the only thing that was frustrating was having soooo many beers to choose from... not a bad thing to be frustrated about. ended up having the victory yakima something IPA (awesome), hanssens gueze (very funky and tart, my SIL almost moved tables once she smelled it, couldn't get it out of her nose... i said, yeah, that's the Brett funk), a french biere de garde that i can't remember the name of, a magic hat #9, the goose island imperial stout, which is delicious and a summit kolsch... a great night for sure. thanks for everyone's input on where to visit in the twin cities. i'll definitely hit summit and surly next time. cheers!

Back