What did you just say??!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theDeutscher

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share a couple quotes I picked up over Memorial Day weekend.

QUOTE 1:
"I never was a big fan of Miller. I always thought it was too hoppy."

QUOTE 2:
Guy in bathroom: "You're drinking Yuengling? I thought you were a Bud guy?"
Friend: "I thought I was. I don't know, man. I like the lager better. I've converted."

I celebrated my 40th, this weekend. The older couple across the street came over with a card and bottle of beer. "...a 40oz. bottle of Bud for your 40th birthday! We know you love beer."
OpoQQ.jpg

Really nice folks. Bless their hearts.

QUOTE 2:
Guy in bathroom: "You're drinking Yuengling? I thought you were a Bud guy?"
Friend: "I thought I was. I don't know, man. I like the lager better. I've converted."

In this one, they could have been using "The Lager" as a proper noun, not an adjective. There are whole swaths of Pennsylvania where Yuengleng is just called "Lager."

In the first quote, cut the guy some slack. It *is* triple-hopped, it takes a special kind of beer drinker to be able to handle all of that. :tank:

Similarly, I saw this in Canada a few weeks ago and was headscratching for a bit...

mkhRZ.jpg

Then I found out there is actually such a thing as a lagered ale...

I still don't get it though.

I celebrated my 40th, this weekend. The older couple across the street came over with a card and bottle of beer. "...a 40oz. bottle of Bud for your 40th birthday! We know you love beer."

All is not lost, you could use the Bud to grill with. Next time you see them thank them for the marinade. :D

I prefer Bud. When I am par-boiling bratwurst and onions!!:ban:

Similarly, I saw this in Canada a few weeks ago and was headscratching for a bit...

Then I found out there is actually such a thing as a lagered ale...

I still don't get it though.

This is actually a really good beer. Made by some pretty cool folks, too.

I just posted this in another thread and almost wanted to start a "dumbest comment you have heard this week" thread but this is just as good.

I think I found a good example of an alcoholic this weekend.

Having a BBQ with some friends, 2 of us are homebrewers.

(non Homebrewing) Friend: "would you drink beer if it didn't get you drunk?"

Everyone else: "yes"

Friend: "BS!! NO ONE likes the taste of beer, its just the best alcohol and the easiest to drink a lot of!"

I always get a good internal laugh out of......."So you want a homebrew?" "What is it?" "It's a pale ale." "Oh, no thanks, I don't like dark beer."

I got this comment over the weekend when I took some "Cream of Three Crops Ale" to a party and poured it into a cup for someone to try.

"Well at least it looks like beer." :confused:

I always get a good internal laugh out of......."So you want a a homebrew?" "What is it?" "It's a pale ale." "Oh, no thanks, I don't like dark beer."

What do people think 'pale' means?

Have white people with office jobs used that word incorrectly all these years?

Doed said:
"Well at least it looks like beer." :confused:

(sigh) I've heard that once or twice myself. "WTH did you think it would look like?".

What do people think 'pale' means?

Have white people with office jobs used that word incorrectly all these years?

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that anything with flavor is considered dark beer to BMC drinkers.

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that anything with flavor is considered dark beer to BMC drinkers.

I grabbed a Ranger IPA the other day at a party with everyone else drinking mostly Miller Lite and my buddy's dad says "Oh going to the real dark stuff huh?"

I grabbed a Ranger IPA the other day at a party with everyone else drinking mostly Miller Lite and my buddy's dad says "Oh going to the real dark stuff huh?"

I'll send you my recent bourbon barrel stout for him to try that clocks in at 45 SRM!

In this one, they could have been using "The Lager" as a proper noun, not an adjective. There are whole swaths of Pennsylvania where Yuengleng is just called "Lager."

Agreed. Go to a bar and say "gimme a lager" and more likely than not you're getting a Yuengling without any questions asked. Just one of those things.

Back