First contest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richo

Reaction score
Well I'm really new to brewing (4 batches) and my best is headed out this morning to two different contest. Eveyone who has had my Belgian Wheat Ale has loved it. So, off it goes. Do I expect to win? No. I'm just looking for good feedback. I cant wait for judging. :mug:

Depends on the contest. I sent in a couple of beers to NHC last year that everyone loved. Neither made it past the 1st round because a significant portion of the judging criteria in the NHC is how close it meets official style guidelines. Got a couple bronzes in the 1st though, which is kinda cool. I also found out after the fact that which style section you enter it under makes alot of difference. I had a smoked porter thatw as very lightly smoked. Entered it in the porter category...probably should have put it in the "other smoked beer" category.

I sent mine to the World Cup of Beers in S.F. and the Great Arizona Homebrew Competition.

Back