Newbie looking for which type of beer to brew starting of

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcsnoopdog

Reaction score
I have found i like some german beers with weat and porters,i am from ireland and just want to know what to get to get started with an easy good tasting beer,could somebody advise me please

Recipes are pretty standard regardless of the style. If you are starting with an extract beer, then it's pretty standard. Dunk grains in x temp for y time, boil liguid and add extract for about 60 minutes, adding hops several times during the hour. Cool, add to fermenter, top off with water, and add yeast.

Larger gravity beers will take longer to ferment and condition than things like wheats and most german beers.

But the process/ difficulty is all that is the same regardless of whether it's a german, a porter, an ipa, or a wheat beer. The process is the same.

SO it all boils down to what do you want your first batch to be? :D

so either type is good,could you point me to a recipe or pack i can buy to make a wheat or german beer and stuff i will need to buy and were to buy it please.

Back