Advice on cherry concentrate for recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berettajb

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am trying to make a beer from Charlie Papazian's "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing", and the recipe calls for 10 lbs of sour cherries. I can not find sour cherries in my area (eastern Virginia), and while I know that fresh fruit would be better, does anyone have an idea of how much cherry concentrate that would equate to? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

A pint of the tart cherry concentrate I can get locally is equvilant to about 11lbs of whole cherries.

Go to Kroger and use their brand of canned "Tart Cherries". Cheap and they work pretty good.

A pint of the tart cherry concentrate I can get locally is equvilant to about 11lbs of whole cherries.

Oh no! I made a cider recipe with 3 12 oz bottles!! Just apple juice, cherry concentrate, and 3068 yeast. It tasted good tranfering into the secondary....now it is ready for the keg. crossing fingers :confused:

Back