Finally, a good use for BMC! COOKIES!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
...or...how to extract malt flavor from Coors Light!

Adapted from the recipe found here. The original intent was apparently a cookie that captures the essence of a Belgian witbier. It caught my eye, so I thought I'd whip up a batch...with a few changes. The results were REALLY good. SWMBO loves 'em! Here's my variation (of note, no salt or vanilla is required):

2 bottles/cans (12 ounces each) light beer (I used Coors Light)
4 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon molasses
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 medium orange, zested
1/2 large lemon, zested
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
12 oz package of white chocolate chips

Reduce the beer, honey, and molasses over medium heat until you have about 1/3 cup of liquid. Use a wide saucepan to speed the process (it takes a while). Watch for boiling over initially, just like you would when brewing. The aroma will go from crap light beer to stale crap light beer and finally to a rather sweet malty smell. You'll know you're close to being done when it begins foaming again. Mine started foaming at 1 cup remaining, and I reduced it to about 1/2 cup. I reserved 1/3 cup for the cookies, and the remaining little bit ought to make a great ice cream topping! Allow the reduction to cool to room temperature.

Preheat oven to 350°F. Cream the butter, sugar, egg, and beer reduction together. Add the zest and spices. Add the flour and baking soda to form a cookie dough. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto a cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes. Let them cool slightly before removing them from the sheet.

Enjoy!

reductionzy5.jpg

batterjb8.jpg

cookiesheetrx2.jpg

bmccookiesru5.jpg

cool thanks for posting and deffinitly for the pics. Ill have to try this one soon. I have a new use for my crappy beers now as well as leftover BMC

ohhhhh.... i never thought of beer cookies but damn those look good... I put malt in my cookies to get that malty flavor but its such a problem to get the right consistancy and every malt is differnt it adds at least 25-30 mins to getting the right mix and it normally ruins at least a dozen cookies... this would reduce the hastle imensely and yuo could simply choose a more malty beer if you wanted more of that taste... oh yeah

Cheers

Back