Edmund Fitzgerald?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your wife ever tried Edmund Fitzgerald?

• Yes - she hated it

• Yes - she loved it

• No

• I don't understand why this is a question

• My husband loves it

• I love it

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
Has your wife ever tried Edmund Fitzgerald?

lates1-761292.jpg

the_bird said:
Maybe three or four times, total. None in probably three years.

You're missing an option in the poll; she was ambivalent.

They either like porters or hate them. Few women are ambivalent about porters.

It's not her favorite, although she'll try it even if it makes her gag. But she's a trooper, she finishes it like a champ.

Finally talked her into it. Convinced her it was smoother and easier "drinking" than it appeared.

At first "sip"...I could swear she kinda yelped...

Don't think she'll be partaking again.

[EDIT] That was 15 years ago...

I've been hearing alot about this beer lately, would definately like to try it sometime...

Landhoney -- do a search on this site for Edmund Fitzgerald -- I think you're caught halfway between understanding and being baked...

I really like this beer- but it's not my favorite Great Lakes beer. My favorite is Burning River but the Edmund Fitzgerald is my second fave.

Notice how I just answer the question without acknowledging any other meaning.

double entendr

it's a freight vessel that sank on the great lakes... not much sexual about it ;O)

it's a good enough porter. great lakes makes quality beers, they charge a bit too much for them imho, but they are good none the less.

my wife has been dry since 2000, but she would prolly like the porter.

landhoney said:
Sorry, I'm an idiot :fro: You rule LouT, I owe you.

Hey, sometimes I'm the bird, sometimes I'm the statue...

Oh yeah, my SWMBO tried it a few times but finally gave up porter after a bad hangover...

God this thread is great!

SWMBO isn't a fan of porters, but puts up with them on RARE occasion.

SWMBO always wants an Edmund Fitzgerald after a few Jagerbombs. This happens anywhere from 3-8 times a year. :tank:

Mine was the one who wanted it to begin with, but after the first one she didn't like it. She's had a couple over the years, but it's in no means her go-to beer. She'd rather have a Miller Lite.

Considering I live over 1300 miles away from the brewery....neither I, nor the wife have tried this one. Never seen it locally either. Not sure how much I'd like it, as I've yet to develop a liking for Porters. Tried half a dozen over the years, and never much cared for them.

Not my wife, but still my SWMBO... when we met she had mentioned trying it before, and so on occasion she'll try it again... she normally needs a couple other drinks first beforehand, but normally the EF goes down like, well, like the EF... :drunk:

edit: Some great responses here, thank god for Great Lakes Brewing Co., otherwise what would we have to talk about? LOL

Evan! said:
Man...before I saw the first post and was just looking at the poll, and knowing who the OP was, I honestly thought that the "Edmund Fitzgerald" was some kind of rare sexual technique. Read it again. Tell me it doesn't make sense either way.

Uh....yeah.

Evan! said:
Man...before I saw the first post and was just looking at the poll, and knowing who the OP was, I honestly thought that the "Edmund Fitzgerald" was some kind of rare sexual technique. Read it again. Tell me it doesn't make sense either way.

who said anything about sex? git yer mind outta the gutter! :p

I'm kinda surprised that there is even a beer called the Edmund Fitzgerald. As I recall, the families and Gordon Lightfoot in particular seemed pretty touchy about the subject. He kinda freaked on the CBC when they used the song as an intro to a documentary on the sinking.

Evan! said:

Eh? What's that you say?

You'd know iff your SWMBO likes the E.F. Trust me. :D

Gah, i only had the chance to try the EF once and i think i'd like it less than she would. Conceptually, i just couldn't have a porter and some raspberry weizen in the same night.

My god this thread is fllucking funny.

She'll have an EF with me, but usually on special occasions like my birthday or something like that.

I've tried to fly solo, but I can't finish one on my own.

DaveyBoy said:

Hmm..

I can see where that could come around and get you in the @ss.

DaveyBoy said:
She'll have an EF with me, but usually on special occasions like my birthday or something like that.

And for just a while there...I thought this thread was taking a (mistakingly) legitimate turn...

Back