Keg plan for tailgate trailer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amr40509

Reaction score
Hello everyone - I've been reading here for many hours and gotten a ton of info.

I've been trying to figure out something, and am having a bit of information overload.

I have an enclosed trailer that I have set up for my friends and I to use at football game tailgates. I'd like to add draft beer to the menu but have a few questions. I've seen tailgate trailers online with this done, but don't know anyone who has personally done it.

1) Will I have an issue with a huge amount of foam due to the whole trailer bouncing down the road on the way to the game? If so, how much settle time are we talking to be able to realistically pour?

2) My thought was to use a kit deigned for a fridge door and run it though the trailer wall. Keep the beer (either a 1/4 or 1/6 barrel depending on what cooler I end up using) in a cooler on ice and mount the CO2 tank to the trailer wall. I'm assume I'd also want to go with a Slide-On Beer Faucet Lock both to keep the tap clean and keep from getting beer stolen during the game.

Other info - We usually get to the game 4-5 hours before game time. Then often hang out again after the game for a couple of hours. If it would help in any way, we also have electricity (both 12v and 110v) available in the trailer.

Back