Can you Brew It recipe for Uinta Wyld Extra Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An update on my CYBI Uinta Wyld Extra Pale Ale: It has been kegged for almost 2 weeks now and it is pouring perfect pints night after night! Its also my first kegged beer so I have bee particularly proud of this one. This recipe is fantastic!

As far as getting it cloned, it's very close but not quite there.

Since my friends and I all live so close to the Uinta Brewery and every pub around has it on draft, every grocery or market sells by the 6 or 12 packs, so we've all had plenty of it. When I ask a friend over and give her or him one and ask them to tell me what it is, they almost all say Unita Wyld! So it is close, but I am much more critical of beer than all of my friends and I know it's not a perfect clone. The body, the malt profile and flavor... all spot on. The hop nose just lets you know its a Wyld right up front. Almost Identical. The flavor profile of the hops is very very similar, but there is a small hop punch at the finish of a drink of Wyld, right at the back as its going down. That is just not as strong in my beer. The flavor matches, but it just doesn't have that small finishing punch.

This one has been a favorite of SWMBO so it will be brewed with some regularity. I'll need to make a few tweaks to match Uinta Wyld. Or I can just tweak it my own way and make it my own. Either way, a variation of this recipe will likely occupy one of the kegs in my keggerator for some time to come.

I've got the grain for a 2.5 gallon batch of this ready to go.

I made a few changes tho.
I upped the SG to 1.055
Boil 60
Amarillo at 50 .3g
7c's at 30 .25g
Simcoe 5 .5g
Simcoe 0 .5g
M44 yeast

Transfering it into a small 16qt stainless kettle right at flameout and putting that in a 5 gallon wash basin. I'll immediately whirlpool then add ice bath slow to cool gradually in 30 mins.

Anything wrong with that manual "whirlchill" method?

Latest posts

Back