Help with dedicated brew space

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franklinswheat

Reaction score
i have been accumulating brew equipment to switch from extract to all grain. Currently i brew on my gas stove with a 20 qt pot. I have obtained all the parts to convert the 10gal Rubbermaid cooler to convert to mlt. I have a section in the basement about 8ft by 15ft to use or half of my garage which is probably 12 x 20. i will be able to use all of the dedicated basement space area or a large portion of the garage. after wasting all of your time with he above nonsense, here's where i need assistance. since i haven't built a brew stand, or even obtained a larger pot/burner i feel like this would be the time to make an informed decision about what is the most logical way to proceed. originally my plan was to brew in the basement with natural gas and create some type of 3 tier setup. after reading alot of things of this site about needed adequate ventilation and what not i have been shying away from the basement and thinking about either outdoors or in the garage. next step being buying one of the propane banjo burners and turkey fryer pot and brewing outside or in the garage. i already have a kegerator, corny kegs, and i just recently purchased a temp controller Io use with a ferm chamber i'm going to build also. so.. whats next? other than me having the 10gl cooler to use as the mlt, how should I proceed. i did some reading about electric brewing and it turns out i am not "handy" enough to make that work, and dont know anybody with that electric expertise background so i think thats out of the question. all ideas appreciated.

Back