Two Off Color Ingredients.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pr0cess

Reaction score
So I am a complete no0b, my second batch is in the fermenter now and I am rereading Palmer's How To Brew to pass the weeks and have been rolling around some thoughts while doing so.

I read somewhere (I don't think it was Palmer) that Hops are a relative of Cannabis plants and was wondering if anyone has heard of someone brewing with Cannabis as a supplement to or replacement for hops? My understanding is that THC is fat soluble so it shouldn't make you stupid but maybe it would be tasty, I was just wondering if its been done?

As a second idea, I made bacon infused vodka over the winter, the best luck I had was using a heavily peppered bacon in a very neutral vodka. It didn't taste very good as a shooter but it made quite possibly the best Bloody Mary's I have ever had. While watching hockey and sipping some Bloody Mary's a friend asked if there was such a thing as Bacon Beer. I have no idea but when I made the vodka I had to be rather dilligent in removing the fat to avoid a wierd slimey feeling while drinking it. Anyone have any experience here?

Thanks,

dylan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back