Bad moves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
It was too hot to brew much this summer, so my stock is a bit low. I took my Red Mild to the Septembeerfest for the HoV booth, so people could taste some homebrew. As luck would have it, the Bent Rod Rye tap blew last night. I'm down to the Biere de Garde, an old 3CPA, barleywine and mead! All good, but not for easy drinking.

Maybe, if there are enough blackberries, I'll do a fast cider.

What's your latest bad move?

Tapping two Belgian Strong Ales at almost the same time...I only have 4 taps total. Takes a long time for me to finish one keg of such a big beer. Add to this the fact that I brewed/tapped a Foreign Extra Stout. So here it is late in summer...in Florida...and I have two Tripels and a Foreign Extra Stout on tap. Nice planning.

EDIT: At least I've got some good/appropriate stuff on-deck.

Brewing a 10G batch of Special Bitter and then forgetting to put ice in the swamp cooler.... fermentation temp was reading 78*F when I finally figured out what was going on.... Ice is in now, but I fear the damage is done.

Ah well.

Underestimating how much CO2 was still in solution after agitating a mead before adding some nutrients to keep the yeast happy.

Honey volcano.

- Steve

Falling asleep with wort on the stove, boy did the house stink when the smoke alarm went off. Boy was my SHMBO pissed.

Back