Just want to point this out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, you do. And you have some of the best neighbors, because without them, the firefighters couldn't have done it, either. Kudos to all involved.

yeah with out the neighbors starting to take out that windshield they would have never gotten in . . .

Good news is it sounds like The City is gonna let the guys take their time off for the burns as duty injury and not make them burn their sick days . . . there was A LOT of concern at the firehouse yesterday about that, so much so that HQ actually sent out a memo about it.

Under paid and not always appreciated, Fireman and Police officers, and ordinary good semeritans need to always be kept in our thoughts and prayers.

Way to Go!!! I would hope there would be people like that around if it was me and my family. God knows I would be the first one diggin in if I were there. Here's to those guys on a job well done!!:rockin:

I saw this on the news the other day and had tears in my eyes watching it. As a mom with two kids, I felt for that family. I can't imagine the horror of having your child trapped in a burning vehicle. Seeing those firefighters run to assist (after being called to the scene by their wives) moved me.

Good news is it sounds like The City is gonna let the guys take their time off for the burns as duty injury and not make them burn their sick days . . . there was A LOT of concern at the firehouse yesterday about that, so much so that HQ actually sent out a memo about it.

Good to hear, that's the LEAST the city should do. Glad they were there, I don't know a single nozzlehead that wouldn't help out, especially when kids are involved.

Here's to a speedy recovery for all involved. :mug:

We had a few volunteer firefighters working here a few years ago (back when the auto industry was in better shape) and the corporation decided to penalize them for personal time for leaving to go on call. Big mess.

I was like WHAT?? This is a small town. You know that if I am in trouble, one of these guys is going to be the one to save my life! These guys take it seriously too. None of that rogue hero BS. They are heroes because they know what to do and will do it regardless of the risk to their own life. I think they eventually went back to looking the other way.

Wow, that's hard-core. That last save looked to be so much smoke there's very little visibility. :rockin:

We'll after telling everyone and their brother that the 2 guys woulndt have to use sick time to recover from their burns and injuries the City has just denied their injury claim . . . looks like a legal battle is to follow since the precedent has already been set for off duty firefighters who injured themselves while saving lives being covered by injury leave instead of sick leave.

Not surprising. Time for the IAFF to step up and a media attention couldn't hurt either. ;)

yeah I guess one of the brothers leaked it to a local talk radio show and he is running with it, I got a couple friends in the media (one is a director, and the other is a camera man) and I'll put a bug in their ear . . . The union called a mandatory meeting on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th . . . should be interesting.

Back