Group Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klcramer

Reaction score
What do you think the possibility is of getting a few people from the fourm here together for a group brew something this summer? You know a good reason to sample eachothers brew and have some beer talk? I live in western PA but I'm willing to drive a good distance for a good weekend. What are your thoughts? :mug:

I would be willing to try to set up something at a local camp ground if anyone is interested in coming to western Pa

You guys have fun. I'm willing to meet up at Goose Island with anyone going to the same Cubs game as me, or anyone who has a free ticket to a game for me. I'll even buy the first round.

Walker and I have been knocking the idea around of doing a group brew of the Highland Gaelic clone that Dude unearthed. Once we get a date nailed down we're going to float it past the other GRABASS'es, but anyone would be welcome...we'll post.

We can also do a virtual groupbrew of this beer, and I hope we will. While not interested in the exact recipe per se, I did follow the groupbrew of the cranberry beer last fall with great interest.

How about a brew where we all name ingredients that we have lying around and send them to someone who takes it upon themselves to brew it up?

I imagine that the water would have to be supplied by someone close to the brewer, because paying to ship water would SUCK.

But the rest would be a pretty interesting concoction. We all have leftover grains, yeast, hops, etc.

I'm partial to all of us meeting at a campground or something for a weekend and we all brew our own batches and we all compare previous batches. You know and compare note and things anf above all esle drink beer.

I'll be in Dallas, Houston and Austin this summer. Anyone who wants to get together to brew/sample post here or PM me. I'll be in Dallas on 06/06/06 test driving the Imperial Hellfire.

- magno

My wife gave me the OK or better the nudge to dismantle my gravity system and buy what I've been coveting, a SABCO BrewMagic Pro. It should be complete sometime in mid to late June. If anyone is in the Austin area and would like to help me fire this puppy up just PM me and I'll keep you posted on the delivery status. Everything I have is empty now as we're selling our house and I didn't want to have the house and shed cluttered with beer stuff so come brew day the beer will be either donated homebrew or store bought but in a pinch store bought ain't all bad. Holler if you're interested and I'd be interested in trying to get a club started in the Austin area if you're interested in that too.
Jeffrey
runhard, race easy, and wish I was brewing some beer.

Back