adding coriander and orange, later?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApolloSpeed

Reaction score
I forgot to put coriander and orange peel in my boil......I'm now at Day 2 in the fermenter and it's steadily bubbling.

Should I at some point, add it?

I forgot to put coriander and orange peel in my boil......I'm now at Day 2 in the fermenter and it's steadily bubbling.

Should I at some point, add it?

You could try making a "tea" of the coriander and orange peel and add them after the initial fermentation is over. Make sure you boil the water, steep for 10 min, cool and then add to the beer. Don't use much water, say a cup of water.

You need the hot water to extract the flavors....or even better, if you have a thief, pull out about a cup of the beer, use that in place of the water.

If you make a tea and add to the high fermentation most of the aromatics will be blow off.

But this is just a guess.......it may be too small an amount of liquid to extract a decent amount of flavor/oils/etc.

If you wait until after fermentation, I'd cut back on what you were going to put in. Add a little less to make sure you don't overpower the beer with what you were putting in.

carnevoodoo,
You really feel that that much of the aromatics would have been blown off in the primary that the recipe would need to be adjusted? Interesting.....hadn't thought of that.

If you wait until after fermentation, I'd cut back on what you were going to put in. Add a little less to make sure you don't overpower the beer with what you were putting in.

so you think maybe add it right before priming and bottling?

Back