Since when did people become so stupid?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bear attacks are excessively rare here in finland, even more so wolves.
The most common wild animal to harm people is moose, and mostly as traffic accident
hirvikolari.jpg

Back to stupidity..
In finland we celebrate the Longest day of the year(juhannus), by going to cottages, drinking way to much..etc etc.

Every year, several people are found floating upside down with their zipper open next to their boat.....

And this is why you do not brake when you are going to hit a large animal. It forces your bumper down which scoops the animal up and into the windshield. Moose, though are rather tall, I think you are screwed either way. Looks like that one hurt.

Tests have shown with moose it is better to brake and loose as much energy as possible, try hitting the back of the animal instead of the front if you can.

Many moose crashes, especially on big roads, are fatal.

If you don't know the difference between "loose" and "lose," go learn it before posting on a thread complaining about others' stupidity.

If you don't know the difference between "loose" and "lose," go learn it before posting on a thread complaining about others' stupidity.

interesting that your sig talks about saying no to intolerance, (yes I get what it's about) and yet you lambast someone from another country for something as mundane as a grammatical/word use mistake. :confused:

interesting that your sig talks about saying no to intolerance, (yes I get what it's about) and yet you lambast someone from another country for something as mundane as a grammatical/word use mistake. :confused:

It is not only posters from another country. I suspect it is posters using "smart phones". Not so smart.

I wasn't lambasting anyone; I was pointing out that you shouldn't call people stupid if you think "loose" means "be defeated." In a 90-post thread that cheers when people get eaten by alligators or trampled by buffalo, I'm the intolerant one for alluding to letting he who is without sin cast the first stone?

Kharnynb, your English is much better than my Finnish, and much better than many Americans' English. You were also not the first person on this thread to use an extra O. If I offended you, you have my apologies.

I have GoPro video of a herd of Buffalo just walking down the road in Custer State Park. The crazy thing was my buddy and I were on motorcycles, and all it would have taken to rile those guys up would have been a car honking. They were blocking the road, and we had to be patient and sit there for quite awhile. Talk about nerve racking...

I was tempted to post the pic without text but figured if I did no-one would get it except brew_ny.

Re: the original premise of the thread, my own intelligence peaked sometime around 1977, when I was 18, and knew all there was worth knowing. Been realizing more and more how little I know ever since.

Yesterday I wanted a sixer of a particular cider, but the store I was at had only single cans. So I load up a basket with 6 & go to the register. I ask for a plastic sack instead of paper due to condensation & the guy only has plastic sacks for veggies. I say "OK, just use 2, three cans per." The idiot proceeds to double bag all 6 cans. I thought it was clear that I wanted 2 bags with 3 cans in each one. Made me think of this:

cark.jpg

We went to jersey mikes yesterday for lunch. The wife orders a turkey sub and since she is pregnant(35 weeks so it's not like you cant tell) says to the guy, "will you heat up the meat I can't have cold lunch meat"

well you can see the smoke start to come from his ears as his brain is trying really hard to compute this and figure out how to do this.

He then Says, "I can put the whole sub on the flat top grill to warm it up"

she says "no I just want my meat heated because I'm pregnant, I don't want the sub heated just the meat"

So he proceeded to take the meat and throw it on the flat top to warm up,
then next thing we know another employee walks up and uses this crazy new invention right behind him that was at knee level called a "Microwave". I don't know if you guys have heard of these or not but supposedly they are all the rage.

Yesterday I wanted a sixer of a particular cider, but the store I was at had only single cans. So I load up a basket with 6 & go to the register. I ask for a plastic sack instead of paper due to condensation & the guy only has plastic sacks for veggies. I say "OK, just use 2, three cans per." The idiot proceeds to double bag all 6 cans. I thought it was clear that I wanted 2 bags with 3 cans in each one. Made me think of this:

did the guy have a crappy beard, dreadlocks, and smell of patchouli?

did the guy have a crappy beard, dreadlocks, and smell of patchouli?

Funny you should ask...
Crappy beard, yes. No on the dreads, not sure about the patchouli, it's a hippie store, so it's full of people who reek of one thing or another. He was wearing a tie dyed shirt, so I classified him as just another stupid pinko.
Regards, GF.

We went to jersey mikes yesterday for lunch. The wife orders a turkey sub and since she is pregnant(35 weeks so it's not like you cant tell) says to the guy, "will you heat up the meat I can't have cold lunch meat"

well you can see the smoke start to come from his ears as his brain is trying really hard to compute this and figure out how to do this.

He then Says, "I can put the whole sub on the flat top grill to warm it up"

she says "no I just want my meat heated because I'm pregnant, I don't want the sub heated just the meat"

So he proceeded to take the meat and throw it on the flat top to warm up,
then next thing we know another employee walks up and uses this crazy new invention right behind him that was at knee level called a "Microwave". I don't know if you guys have heard of these or not but supposedly they are all the rage.

Maybe I'm just the stupid one, but why can't she have cold lunch meat while pregnant? I've never heard that before. :confused:

Just one example of the level of stupidity that has been reached, is the city of New Orleans. Not only were people stupid enough to build a city below sea level to begin with, but were then taken by surprise when a hurricane flooded it! At least the rest of the country showed their unity in stupidity when they supported the rebuilding of the city, yes, in the same below sea level location. At least it's not likely that any more big storms will hit the area again,......

Did you see the one about the tourist in Africa watching a pride of lions, and he got out of the car to get better pictures? Lions ate him, while his family watched from inside the car. Someone in the group got it all on video. Total Darwin award winner.

Did you see the one about the tourist in Africa watching a pride of lions, and he got out of the car to get better pictures? Lions ate him, while his family watched from inside the car. Someone in the group got it all on video. Total Darwin award winner.

Our national park rangers call such people " tour-ons."

I wasn't lambasting anyone; I was pointing out that you shouldn't call people stupid if you think "loose" means "be defeated." In a 90-post thread that cheers when people get eaten by alligators or trampled by buffalo, I'm the intolerant one for alluding to letting he who is without sin cast the first stone?

Kharnynb, your English is much better than my Finnish, and much better than many Americans' English. You were also not the first person on this thread to use an extra O. If I offended you, you have my apologies.

Love it! Epitome of this entire thread!

Foreign guy confuses loose and lose (an incredibly common mistake among even native English speakers).
Guy makes fun of him for that.
Guy gets called out for making fun of said Finlander.
Guy tries to make excuses as to why he pointed it out.
Guy ends up showing his own ignorance on the definition of "lose" in the context used.
So according to Guy it should have read, "Tests have shown with moose it is better to brake and be defeated as much energy as possible, try hitting the back of the animal instead of the front if you can."

By the way, @kharnynb good job on getting the plural of moose correct!

Foreign guy confuses loose and lose (an incredibly common mistake among even native English speakers).
Guy ends up showing his own ignorance on the definition of "lose" in the context used.
So according to Guy it should have read, "Tests have shown with moose it is better to brake and be defeated as much energy as possible, try hitting the back of the animal instead of the front if you can."

Interesting data point(s). :)

And to go with "Loose and Lose". I need some advice. I need some advise.

Back