Ball sponge cleaner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CoalCracker, how did those ball sizes work out for you? I'm curious what diameter hose you were able to get the 3/8" sponge ball through, as I'm looking at ordering some for cleaning 1/4" hoses.

FYI, I ended up just cutting small pieces off the regular blue sponges that I use for cleaning brewing equipment and pushing them through dirty hoses with hot water. It sometimes takes a couple of tries to get the right size piece of sponge, but (so far) I at least haven't gotten one of these homemade sponge balls stuck in a hose.

[Knocks on wood.]

FYI, I ended up just cutting small pieces off the regular blue sponges that I use for cleaning brewing equipment and pushing them through dirty hoses with hot water. It sometimes takes a couple of tries to get the right size piece of sponge, but (so far) I at least haven't gotten one of these homemade sponge balls stuck in a hose.

[Knocks on wood.]

That's exactly what I do. And if you have an air compressor, it's fun to shoot them across the house. I used to use ear plugs, but sponges were less expensive.

Back