• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

RIMS+Controller- $210 sale feeler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thundercougarfalconbird

Reaction score
My pump broke and I can't afford to fix it (unemployed student). So I'm thinking about selling my RIMS with controller. But I'd like to put a feeler out first because I can't just sell one.I would need to sell both at the same time.

The rims tube is pretty standard. 1.5" stainless with 1/2" ports.and a 120v 1500w ULWD element (http://www.plumbingsupply.com/elements.html - model 120-1500-ELD)

The control panel is a VERY simply single PID no switch controller that features auber pid SYL-2352, auber 40A SSR, auber RTD disconnects, 3inch RTD probe, and an auber external heat sink. Simple plug and play, nothing fancy.

I'd prefer to sell them as a pair, but if I can get a buyer on both I will split them up. I think $210 for everything is a reasonable price. Any takers?

I appreciate all the interest guys. Sorry I didn't post pics yesterday, but after the pumped failed I wasn't in the mood to do much =P (freaking thing is only a few months old)

Here's a few pics. It is obviously built by me, so although everything works there is a big warning label. Don't buy unless you know what you are doing. I am not responsible for any damages or injuries.
I have a bunch of interest in the control panel (mux having priority) but I still need a buyer for the tube (I'd prefer a single buyer of both if possible)
The white casing of the RTD is gone at the probe end for the first like 1/4 inch. It still works perfectly, just the insulation is missing, a little electrical tape or something would immediately fix this minor flaw. Also don't mind the pretty blue duct tape at the bottom of the tube, I used silicone to close up the hole in the pvc cap, I'm just really paranoid about liquid and wanted a third layer of protection.

388768_292951774058594_1330999422_n.jpg

downsized_0527121402.jpg

downsized_0527121403.jpg

Edit if the two are split I was thinking $110 for the control panel with the probe and $100 for the tube with ULWD element and powercord

Camlocks not included

We use the same color duct tape! GL selling! Not quite in the market yet unfortunately.

I am interested in both. I assume the tube is the heating element...correct? How much for shipping to 14845?

The heating element is inside the tube. I definitely reccomend learning the in's and out's of RIMS before trying to operate it. shipping to that zip is $20, so if you'll buy the whole package I'll sell it for $220 shipped.

Back