New brewery in Texas!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love to see what you do. The reason for the 12v, Fermtroller can control it directly versus needing an SSR. If you use PID instead, game could be different.

Yeah - I'll be using an older AMX processor that can only handle about 1A per relay @ 12V. It seems a lot of solenoid valve require more than that - do you know what yours takes?

I have 6 Altronix RB610 relays here, so I'd planned to use the 12V to fire the 110 relay to hit the solenoid.

fuzzybee said:
Yeah - I'll be using an older AMX processor that can only handle about 1A per relay @ 12V. It seems a lot of solenoid valve require more than that - do you know what yours takes?

I have 6 Altronix RB610 relays here, so I'd planned to use the 12V to fire the 110 relay to hit the solenoid.

If I recall,the valves barely use even half an amp. My 12v fans draw more. I'm running off a 12v power supply with 5a max output.

-edit- Valves draw 250mA so a quarter of an amp.

Wow impressive build , I like the how clean and organized the equipment setup is . That window unit cooler,gives me the idea for my swimming pool chiller . my pool get hot in july /aug. 5 ton split system ..

Sorry to dig up an old thread. I am in the process of redoing my garage and i wa Ted to put in a cold room to store my bulk hops, my 4 30g fermenters, and grain. The whole room will be independently insulated with a window AC unit installed through the cinder block wall controlled by a cool bot. This is my current idea. Would you recommend a better way since I haven't built anything yet. Maybe a glycol system running into separate boxes?

Back