can i bottle my bretta'd beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcondon

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I brewed a Belgian pale beer with the dregs of Boulevard Tank 7 and then a tiny bit of wine yeast. It tasted way too much like juice so I added some brett in there about 3 months ago. It tastes awesome now, but the FG is about 1013.

Now I know you shouldn't bottle a wild brew above 1008-1010, but the FG has been stable for a month and tastes awesome so I'm putting it out there to you all: should I bottle or wait until the gravity drops a bit more? If I do bottle it, I'll cork and cage them in thick Belgian bottles so it may not matter. What do you all think??

Thanks so much!

what temp has it been at? sounds safe to me, i dont get much brett movement in gravity after 3 months

Personally, I'd be a bit wary of bottling at 1.013. Just last night I took a gravity sample on a Brett Saison that dropped from 1.008 at month 3 to 1.004 at month 5.

It's been at 68 and will most likely stay in that range. I think I'm just gonna buy another carboy, add some oak to this one and let it go for a bit longer a couple more months. It just tastes so good now it's hard to let it sit, but expanding the brewery is prob the best decision. Thanks for your help!!

I found the few that I have done, dropped about .001 per month for 6 to 8 months. Tough really notice any change over a month.

If using thick bottles, go ahead; that's what Orval does. With regular bottles, I'd recommend leaving it a couple of months to see if it has really stabilized.

Back