Keg Conversion Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

friedpicklechips

Reaction score
I'm trying to get some holes drilled and couplings welded on to my kegs. Does anyone know of a decent welder/metal fabricator in the Omaha, NE / Council Bluffs, IA area that can help me out for a descent price? All the places I've called are $75 or more an hour, and the cheapest place I went with last time cost me $120 (@ 45 an hour) to drill 6 holes and weld 5 couplings (and the work was sub-par IMO). :confused:

I'm trying to get some holes drilled and couplings welded on to my kegs. Does anyone know of a decent welder/metal fabricator in the Omaha, NE / Council Bluffs, IA area that can help me out for a descent price? All the places I've called are $75 or more an hour, and the cheapest place I went with last time cost me $120 (@ 45 an hour) to drill 6 holes and weld 5 couplings (and the work was sub-par IMO). :confused:

Sorry, can't suggest a welder.
I've told others that finding a "good" welder is a crap shoot.
If you're not a welder and you think the welds were sub-par they must be.

Did you ever find anyone? I need to get one done in the same area.

I have a few contacts for that. PM me if you want some details. I'm not going to post their info out on a public forum, LOL.

Back